Euro2/American Truck Simulator

D

Deleted member 18181

https://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/270880/American_Truck_Simulator/

So, anyone here play one or both? Got about 300h in ETS2 and 140h in ATS; they are great for relaxing, i think they got demos on steam. Recently they changed the lightning system in both and they luck prettier now. Also patch 1.41 brought the long requested Convoy (mp part). Both games have workshop and thousands of mods.

Last map dlc for ETS2 was Iberia back in april i think, next one is mother Russia

In 2 days (september 7th), Wyoming dlc releases for ATS

Wow @porcozaur;, you're bringing back memories!

I've played a bit of American Truck Simulator a few years ago (along with quite realistic racing simulators). It was relaxing, and a fairly challenging exercise to reverse with a semi :) But it's a time-eater and there wasn't much to learn after a little while, even if I enjoyed discovering the vistas of the West Coast.

So I switched to civilian, and military flight simulator (like DCS) for which there are tons of procedures to learn, it's a healthy mix of physics, methodology, situational awareness, meteorology (though more in reality than in a game), geography, muscle memory, and fun! It can be very relaxing too, at least the civilian sims. It's also a time-eater.

If you like the first, chances are you'd enjoy the 2nd.

Something else in the same vein, impressions by The Guardian (no, nothing to do with the galaxy).

Next stop, Zen: my strange life playing Bus Simulator 21

This peculiar game offers a peaceful escape to a gentle life as a bus driver ...“ if you can avoid mounting the curb and smashing into pagodas, that is.

My first day as a bus driver did not go well. Just three stops into my inaugural route I was already running eight minutes late, having caused considerable delay (and $712 of damage) by crashing into an ornamental pagoda. I also got fined for not indicating properly and for running a red light, and then one of my passengers stood in the bus's open doorway and wouldn't move until I got out of my seat and went to talk to him. I then tried to drive off with the accessibility ramp still extended.
[. . .]
And a little trailer:

Last edited:
I haven't played one these games in years. I'm surprised they still make them.

I haven't played one these games in years. I'm surprised they still make them.

At least Euro Truck Simulator is very popular. Check the Steam stats & charts. It's pretty much always among the top 25 most played games (today's peak sits at 37K players). The game is almost NINE years old, too. It's one of those games you hear little about but that just keeps trucking (this pun might have been not quite coincidental ;) ).

There's also train simulator which has a ton of expansions as well.

Last edited:
There's also train simulator which has a ton or expansions as well.

From Dovetail? Who tried to get into the flight simulation business not long ago, then cancelled both projects (a trainer and a general flight sim, ported from the FSX source code).

They seem happy enough selling zillions of DLC for their train simulator. ;)

From Dovetail? Who tried to get into the flight simulation business not long ago, then cancelled both projects (a trainer and a general flight sim, ported from the FSX source code).

They seem happy enough selling zillions of DLC for their train simulator. ;)
Yeah that's the game you end up paying for twenty more games with just the dlc.:nod:

Euro truck simulator is very well done. I have it, but have not dived in yet, beyond just quick brief game play sessions to check out the game, such as the graphics, UI, and the tutorial. Its definitely a deep simulator type game that one could spend a lot of time on.

These 2 games are far from death, they have millions of mods, even outside of steam workshop, probably most known for content are promods for maps and jazzycat for trucks/trailers/traffic.
The economy is not very complicated and sadly was not modified much since launch, but ofc there are mods for that.
What i want in the future and probably by many others, is to combine the 2 games in one and take the plane/boat between the 2 continents but probably wont happen since most likely are limited by the game engines, maybe in the sequels. There is world of trucks which is a sign in the right direction.
PS i keep on praying they also add snow at some point.

For flight simulators, there are people interested in playing air traffic controller, which is nice to have audio "roleplay" or training, depending how you view it (VATSIM, IVAO mainly).

I found the connection for truck and bus simulators! :D

https://www.gamesradar.com/gas-station-simulator-rockets-to-steams-top-5-best-sellers/

Seriously, there must be a game simulator for any job, by now. Playing by doing another one's job, fancy that.

I like a mix of nature with interesting urban environments, so Montana doesn't appeal to me as much as a lot of other states. I'll get them all eventually, though.

Back
Top Bottom