Everquest

Carnifex

SasqWatch
So I gave in and resubbed for the new Miragul server in Everquest one. I'm not going in with any friends or anyone I know, but I figure I'll just see what happens in a months' time, perhaps I'll make/find some new friends. This server has a unique starting point, you roll a level 85 heroic character and the max level is ninety, so for months people will be able to easily group together regardless of various levels, gear, or anything else.

I don't revive threads enough, so I thought I'd do this as a community service. On this date, for the past twenty-two years, I've always re-visited this game, save for on one occasion ten years ago when I was readying for a wedding, and now, today, I'm abstaining because, well, I'm done. My history with both this game and the sequel are well documented on this site, so I'll just say that, unless some serious changes happen in the future, I'll not be returning to either game. For now, all my coins are staked on Pantheon.

I will always remember this day and date, March 16th, the official launch of Everquest in 1999, with fond memories.

I agree. I have done some Progression servers for both EQ1&2 and when people started paying for items with real money I was out. Everything was being sold for those 30-day subs. That's not fun for me and I'm rich :lol:

The first few years of EQ were the most fun I've had in computer gaming. Though it almost cost me relationships and a good job.

It didn't cost me anything, just opened my eyes wide to lots of possibilities. I most recently played on the Kaladim server, but I can no longer tolerate how even old servers are tied to the current ones. And yes Hastar, I've tried to recapture those first EQ years in several other games, and it's never happened. Sometimes lightening doesn't strike twice, although I'm hopeful that Pantheon might have that potential.

Back
Top Bottom