Fallout London - Tested by GOG

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Gamer Social Club reports that Fallout London is currently tested by GOG:

Fallout London Mod Being Tested By GOG

The Fallout London Mod team has announced that there highly anticipated mod is being tested by GOG

With the Fallout tv show lanching earlier this year a lot of us Fallout fans have been waiting for some type of announcement from Bethesada about the video game series . Rumors have been amuck for awhile about a possible Fallout 3 remaster/remake and while FTC documents were leaked last year that appear to confirm this, Bethesda and Microsoft have yet to confirm this. I am pleased to say that if your a fan and your on PC you will hopefully be getting a Fallout fix soon.

The long anticipated Fallout London mod appears to be in the final testing phases and could have a final (hopefully) release date soon. The Fallout London team posted on their X account today the following:

"There has been a lot of speculation regarding our upcoming release, and we wanted to open up and clear the air for our core supporters. The bottom line is that we've sent several builds over to GOG for QA testing and are waiting for the final green light. Once they've completed the process of double-checking that Fallout London and its installer work on all supported machines, we should be good to go.(Yes, we have our own installer, and downgrader too)

They continue "While the process hasn't been quick, and waiting for something you're excited to play is always a little agonizing, Team FOLON reminds fans that the process should result in a better end product. It is in all of our interests that this final QA process is carried out in full, and we are very thankful that GOG is assisting."

The team ends with "While it may seem like not a lot is going on, we can assure you that the heads of the department have been working non-stop behind the scenes during this time to make the release build as good as it can be. The end is in sight. Stay safe, and remember: Mind the gap."

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

This is great news. I'll give it a shot for sure once it's a fully stable release.

The idea of GOG testing something to make sure it's installed correctly made me laugh. :D

I don't know how reliable that information was, but I read on GameRant that the size would be in the 30-40 GB range, which is heavy. My secret hope is that it gets enough success for Bethesda to agree adding it on Steam. It'd be much easier and safer to get it from there. I think it's unlikely, though.

Well the mod is to big to be hosted on any mod site and the includes consoles as well.

So kudos to GOG for offering to host the mod.

Woo hoo, can't wait. I like GoG more and more lately. I have bought a few big games from them now. (Cyberpunk 2077, Fallout 4 and Fallout 3, both the deluxe and complete Game of the Year editions) It just is nice to know I don't have to install possible mod breaking and game breaking new patches, if I don't want to.

The idea of GOG testing something to make sure it's installed correctly made me laugh. :D

I don't know how reliable that information was, but I read on GameRant that the size would be in the 30-40 GB range, which is heavy. My secret hope is that it gets enough success for Bethesda to agree adding it on Steam. It'd be much easier and safer to get it from there. I think it's unlikely, though.

Why would it be safer to get it from steam?

Personally steam workshop messes my modding up, due to it being a pain to get steam workshop mods to other platforms.

Why would it be safer to get it from steam?

Personally steam workshop messes my modding up, due to it being a pain to get steam workshop mods to other platforms.
GOG is known for its instability, at least with Galaxy, and the manual downloads are often late and a bit of a mess when there are patches. Downloads are also bigger. I'd much rather have a standard download anywhere but there.

To be honest, I don't have much experience with the workshop, but the only time I used mods there, I didn't have any problem. I didn't try to extract mods and install them on GOG or Epic games, if that's what you mean (?).

I've had install problems many times with workshop mods for Paradox games. So it's a coin toss up as both services have problems. Anyway two more articles about the mod.

I don't use GOG much anymore for modern games because it's simply not as convenient as Steam. Steam is faster and less steps to install something. I'll still always use GOG for classic titles though.

Another link with information about how it will work.
That seems like a weird hack. It means that when FO4 updates again, users will have to remember to restore the original content before updating or it will fail miserably (I don't know if Steam detects that before updating, but I know Galaxy doesn't - that's one of the reasons it sometimes fails an update after the download). That is, if Bethesda decides to update it any further... maybe when the next season of their series airs. ;)

Blame Bethseda for releasing a bug ridden game, updating it , and breaking mods twice after it was already finished. They can't wait another year because of that.

I've already had to downgrade just to play the game with my mods.

GOG is known for its instability, at least with Galaxy, and the manual downloads are often late and a bit of a mess when there are patches. Downloads are also bigger. I'd much rather have a standard download anywhere but there.

To be honest, I don't have much experience with the workshop, but the only time I used mods there, I didn't have any problem. I didn't try to extract mods and install them on GOG or Epic games, if that's what you mean (?).
Yeah, or if one has nexus mods on the steam release and want one that's only on workshop. Workshop divides modding in a way I don't like.

Back
Top Bottom