Fallout New Vegas: Radio Broadcasts

KingKragen

Watcher
I just downloaded this and started out. My first venture into Pip-Boy, I tried the radio broadcasts. They are not subtitled however, unlike the rest of the game. Do these broadcasts provide important information or clues, or can they essentially be ignored? I have some hearing loss, so I can get *some* of the information but some content I just cannot understand.

Are you talking about a mod? Assuming you got this from Nexus, the mod page there is likely to be a more fruitful place to ask this question.

When radio broadcasts are used in the vanilla game and lead to quests, those quests show up in the log where you can read them. I can't remember any occasion, mod or base game, where audio in the broadcast didn't have text along with it (not in subtitles; in the quest log)

The audio is mostly there for atmosphere and context, whether it be the radio or a holotape recording. And there are always quest objectives for your selected quest on the compass as well. These are vanilla, modless mechanics.

That being said, FNV has one of the best collections of music and sound of the entire series, combining Mark Morgan's ambient tracks with Western & mid-20th century music. If it's a matter of simply turning the volume up to make it heard for you, I would play with some decent headphones and crank up your volume. The audio settings in the option menu can be configured to your tastes as well.

Last edited:
There are some cool mod packs for music, too. One I liked was Existence, which was around for Fallout 3, F:NV and maybe Fallout 4, though I'm not sure about that one. Very different from the usual music, but very well done.

Are you talking about a mod? Assuming you got this from Nexus, the mod page there is likely to be a more fruitful place to ask this question.

When radio broadcasts are used in the vanilla game and lead to quests, those quests show up in the log where you can read them. I can't remember any occasion, mod or base game, where audio in the broadcast didn't have text along with it (not in subtitles; in the quest log)

Nope, not a mod. I'm just doing the vanilla game as of this moment. I think you have answered my question - with a broadcast showing up in the quest log. I just started this game today. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom