Far Away From Home - Release: Summer 2022

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Far Away From Home will be released this summer:

Far Away From Home

Far Away From Home is a story-driven tactical RPG. After a mysterious turn of events during a scientific unveiling gone awry, Simon and his allies initially think themselves lost. However, after a hostile encounter with strange creatures, they soon learn that their predicament is much more dire.

Tactical Combat
Turn-based tactical combat that will challenge you at every step as you battle your way through unique and difficult encounters.

Make New Friends
What better way to make new friends than with food? Recruit these strange creatures to your side with tasty snacks. Utilize their unique abilities to turn the tides of battle.

Become Unstoppable
Build a formidable fighting force by customizing your team to your individual playstyle. Each character can be built in a variety of ways for vastly different roles depending on the skills and stats you choose.

Craft Powerful Gear:
Find and craft powerful gear to further augment your team and change how you wage battle against your enemies.

Unfold A Mystery
A joint effort from various nations sees the unveiling of the worlds largest hadron collider, spanning across the globe.

Upon the first demonstration, however, strange rifts start to materialize around the Earth, drawing people into them. After getting sucked into one of these anomalies, Simon and his friends find themselves in a familiar yet unknown world.

Seemingly devoid of all other humans, but in their place, strange beasts, Simon and his friends must unravel the mystery surrounding their predicament and set off in search of a way home.

Some Gameplay:

More information.

I'm a real sucker for this sort of isometric pixel look. Takes me back to good times and still proves that there is a way to go back there and develop things in a different direction from what most games have.

Definitely needs some proper idle animations, though... :)

Yeah the old Final Fantasy Tactics nostalgia in high gear with this game. To bad not a single one has been as good though, and yes some proper idle animations please.

This is worth keeping an eye but I agree with couch... there have been several FFT clones come out in recent years and none of them has risen near that level. Maybe nostalgia is just too hard to overcome... especially as I've played FFT at least a few times over the years. But there's still hope... kinda like wishing for the next great Alpha Centauri or MoM!

This is worth keeping an eye but I agree with couch… there have been several FFT clones come out in recent years and none of them has risen near that level. Maybe nostalgia is just too hard to overcome… especially as I've played FFT at least a few times over the years.
Don't lose hope I remember reading Square Enix registered a new trademark for Ogre Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics in Japan. Sounds like a remaster or a new game.
The next great Alpha Centauri or MoM!
Give Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth a chance as well as Songs of Conquest.

I liked GOD WARS The Complete Legend, Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark and Telepath Tactics Liberated.

Give Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth a chance as well as Songs of Conquest.

Those are both great games… Civ:BE got unfairly judged (imo) when it launched and the expansion turned it into a really good game imo. Wish they'd done another expansion for it… I still boot it up and play it from time to time.

And I'd love to see a new Tactics Ogre. Fingers crossed.

HiddenX has named three great games in his above post, I've also played all of those and can speak to their respective calibres. While none of them meet or exceed FF: T's greatness, each is well worth playing. And none of them are easy or simplistic, they might start off that way yet the difficulty is there over the long haul.

Back
Top Bottom