Final Fantasy VII

Not sure why they would need to translate a game that's already in English, but ok.

They'll be releasing the parts separately on PC the same way as on Playstation. Sony is just making them wait a certain amount of time before doing so.

I understood what you meant Carnifex. I just gave an answer based on how Square Enix releases games on the PC. Usually two years or more after the console versions.

So ergo the PC release will more then likely be after the next two console parts.

We're probably looking at 3-4 years before all the parts are released assuming it ends up being a trilogy. I highly doubt they're going to hold back any and all PC releases for that time frame.

The PC version will be released in the same parts as the console version. They're just going to satisfy a period of exclusivity for each one first.

Yeah well it's just my personal opinion based off past PC Square Enix releases.

I never liked how they split one game into three parts and haven't even shared any news on the 2nd. There was a recent announcement about the next game though.

Link - https://nintendo-power.com/ultimate...essible-even-to-the-inexperienced-nerd4-life/
Final Fantasy 16 producer Naoki Yoshida recently spoke on a radio show, confirming that the game is "action-oriented"�, according to a tweet by Tony Carso, senior editor of Nova Crystalis, but the team is striving for it. Supports less qualified players with the genre. How? Unfortunately this is not said. Final Fantasy 16 involves a simple difficulty similar to that proposed by the Final Fantasy 7 remake.

If you go by past Square Enix releases, then we should expect the PC version about a year and a half after the console release.

As for part 2, yeah, there isn't much info so far. It's apparently been in development since late 2019. Inverse recently had a pretty decent article about it, although a lot of it is just speculation.

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/fina...ease-date-characters-story-ending-compilation

I don't think we can assume it will be a trilogy. They've never said how many parts it's going to be, and the amount the first part covered relative to the original game was less than a third.

I don't think we can assume it will be a trilogy. They've never said how many parts it's going to be, and the amount the first part covered relative to the original game was less than a third.
True but most articles and interviews hint at a trilogy. Don't think I could wait ten years if they decide to make more then three parts. Anyway poor health and getting older sucks.

Recently the games producer hinted it might be a five part release now. The goal looks like a new part every two years and that's not something I like but good for business.

As I mentioned in the comments to that article, we don't know if this is an Epic exclusive. We just know Epic exclusively messed up and tipped their hand.

Epic got an exclusive with Kingdom Hearts but this game is quite a bit bigger and already is going through a Sony exclusive period. On the other hand, Fortnite is pumping ridiculous piles of money into Epic's bank accounts.

We don't know, true, but I wouldn't be surprised. This is the kind of title that could get a lot of people to install the Epic Launcher who otherwise wouldn't, so I could see Epic doing whatever it takes to get the deal.

It does seem to have all the hallmarks of the exclusiveness that the Epic platform seems to crave. I'd expect them to be crowing pretty loudly about this if it actually really happened, however.

Yep, and Epic has PLENTY of money to make it happen, too, with all those Fortnite players throwing cash at their 'free to play' game. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was an exclusive to them.

If they lock non-Epic customers out after making them wait this long, though, they are going to get a lot of blow-back from the fans while the kinda-interested folks are going to flat out forget about the game by the time it finally shows up. So I won't be too surprised if it came out for all PC stores at once, either.

If it comes out exclusive to GOG, we'll all dislocate our jawbones.

Hahaha Zloth, should that happen I'm pretty sure I'll simply faint right at the bloody keyboard! It would go down in interwebs history too, if GoG scored a coup like that!!!

It's a Trilogy announced today by the games producer so my old reply was correct.

The Final Fantasy VII remake series will be made up of three games - RPGSite
When Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced, some fans were disappointed to learn that it wouldn't contain the 'complete' story of the original Final Fantasy VII. Some people even decided to wait it out - to not play the game until the complete story is available. Now, thanks to FF7 Remake Producer Yoshinori Kitase, we have an idea of how long that wait will be.
Also a newer version of the remake releases tomorrow.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade Releases on Steam June 17th - Steam

It includes the base game, the INTERmission DLC storyline that stars Yuffie, all of the DLC content from the base game, and the DLC for INTERmission. The PC version has all of the content released for FF7 Remake.

Since they're splitting the remake in 3 parts, will you be able to take you save game from one to the next? Or how does that function? If they announced anything.
From what is written seems three separate games with different names. If they combined all three with every planned DLC the install size will be about 500+ GB.

Beyond that I don't know if your saves will be transferred. My personal opinion is it doesn't matter as the game is not choice based. Each episode tells a part of the story.

Back
Top Bottom