Final Fantasy XVI - Combat and Story Trailer

It's probably supposed to be whatever they want it to be since they are Square, the company that decides what Final Fantasy is.

I'm personally not afraid of change, as long as it's in a good direction, but last couple FF games have failed to capture me. We'll see about this one I suppose.

I remember reading that Square stopped making Final Fantasy turn-based because they figured Atlus cornered the market on it with its "Persona" series, and thus would target a younger demographic.

The last Final Fantasy game I enjoyed enough to complete was 10. The last true turn-based one. After that, none of them lasted long with me and I totally avoided 15 altogether.

Looking forward. I like darker, medieval-like setting, which is at least feeling I get from little what I saw in trailers. I hope the story pacing will be better then in FFXV, which was seriously stretched by filler content. Despite that I finished it, but it took me few months, including pauses when I had to put it aside after getting bored. I liked FFVII remake much more.

As the Final Fantasy games seemed to have given up the turn-based combat, I've pretty much given up on the new ones and simply enjoy the classics.

As the Final Fantasy games seemed to have given up the turn-based combat, I've pretty much given up on the new ones and simply enjoy the classics.

At least FFVII remake can be played in TB. But I really liked how real time combat was designed and ended up with that choice, which I wouldnt have expected.

Looks impressive from a visual standpoint at least, but that's no surprise coming from Square Enix.

As for the gameplay, I won't even pretend I can judge it from this. Calling this a combat trailer seems a bit of a joke considering there's only like 10 seconds of actual gameplay there.

Lots of flashy, splashy fireworks, but I find the trailer completely mediocre.

Lots of flashy, splashy fireworks, but I find the trailer completely mediocre.

So do I. And in my opinion, that's been the series for a while. The cutscenes in 7, 8, 9 and 10 were well directed and artful, as well as being technically proficient. For quite some time (after 12), it's been flash over substance.

Not making any premature judgements of how this game as a whole will turn out, but it's been an unmissable trend. But I can also remember the first trailer for FF7 showing not much other than combat and summons, so the more things change…

Personally I haven't enjoyed anything since twelve. Seems Square can't find one main producer with a good vision. Like I said on Dicord bring back Hironobu Sakaguchi.

I'm not a fan of full action JRPGs and having no control over companions anymore. Also unless you have a PS3 you will need to way another 3+ years to play the PC version.

Personally I haven't enjoyed anything since twelve. Seems Square can't find one main producer with a good vision. Like I said on Dicord bring back Hironobu Sakaguchi.

I'm not a fan of full action JRPGs and having no control over companions anymore. Also unless you have a PS3 you will need to way another 3+ years to play the PC version.

Wow, the cell processor is finally delivering after all those years???

Back
Top Bottom