Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

With the join date, post count, and location added to the left side of posts (big improvement), and with the return of "Original Sin Donor" tags, it feels like the left side on some posts is getting way too long and it's creating a huge amount of empty padding at the bottom of shorter posts.

Maybe the join date could be moved into mm/dd/yy (or similar) format, so it all fits on one line?
Maybe people who are both D:OS1 and D:OS2 donators could get a consolidated "Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor" or whatever tag, instead of two independent tags? (Wasn't it like this on the old forum?)
Maybe the "Administrator" tag isn't necessary to show, or maybe people who are Administrators will just show that tag, and not the "Staff member" tag too?

I'm still modifying the joined date format, that's why I didn't post about it yet. It's shorter now.

Donor banners could be replaced with small icons or badges that would take less space, but that's something to tweak in the future. The way things are set up now banners stack and we're trying to be consistent as far as staff badges go. In the future, different styling will be applied to them so that they'll be more distinct and varied. Anyway, short posts having some extra space is normal, it's no big deal. There's no requirement for every post to be a block full of condensed text with no extra space whatsoever.

Yes, now it fits in all styles it seems, nicely done.

The xx/yy/zz date format is very confusing because of the 3 possible permutations between US/EU/other countries, I never use it when I can avoid it.

"mmm dd, yyyy" always looked a lot more natural to me but maybe that's a US vs European thing.

Pladio's working on the longest possible left side of his posts. Even got a two-line "Location" set. Too bad you didn't donate to D:OS2 or you'd have maximum verticality :LOL:

"mmm dd, yyyy" always looked a lot more natural to me but maybe that's a US vs European thing.

Pladio's working on the longest possible left side of his posts. Even got a two-line "Location" set. Too bad you didn't donate to D:OS2 or you'd have maximum verticality
Hahah, dammit I missed out.

Perhaps we should have a new rule that the post length should be related to the amount of space occupied by the banners and other information, to make everything look nice :)

Yes, now it fits in all styles it seems, nicely done.

The xx/yy/zz date format is very confusing because of the 3 possible permutations between US/EU/other countries, I never use it when I can avoid it.
That's why I avoided it. As it is now it's easily understandable to members across the globe, whereas the other formats can cause confusion.

How's the donation vs possible ads will work in the future? Is that still something to be decided?
I'll be working on that over the weekend probably. Donating a certain amount will disable ads for a certain time period. Everyone on staff will have ad-free access by default, naturally.

With the old forums I could read the forums and know which threads had been updated without logging in. With this all the topics always show as if they have been read.... no good.

This was done deliberately with you in mind!! :devilish::giggle:

Since yesterday or maybe the day before, posting takes about 10+ seconds, with orange "busy" bars appearing at the top right. Is the server simply very busy right now, or is there a gremlin hiding somewhere?

Testing the edit... editing seems faster.

Is there a new limit for how big attachments pics are now? 1.31 MB is small in my opinion but says its too large when i try to upload it

I think there has always been a limit, not sure what it is set at, at the moment.

And yes, posting takes long for me as well. It only happens on inserts into the database, not on updates, or queries. At the moment I do not know what might cause that as I made no changes to Xenforo in the past two days.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday as well when I posted in the news-thread, but had it happen with a few text only replies also. Like Redglyph said editing a reply is faster. :nod:

Last edited:
With the join date, post count, and location added to the left side of posts (big improvement), and with the return of "Original Sin Donor" tags, it feels like the left side on some posts is getting way too long and it's creating a huge amount of empty padding at the bottom of shorter posts.

Maybe the join date could be moved into mm/dd/yy (or similar) format, so it all fits on one line?
Maybe people who are both D:OS1 and D:OS2 donators could get a consolidated "Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor" or whatever tag, instead of two independent tags? (Wasn't it like this on the old forum?)
Maybe the "Administrator" tag isn't necessary to show, or maybe people who are Administrators will just show that tag, and not the "Staff member" tag too?
I didn't even notice that the post count had been added back until you mentioned it. I don't think post count and join date need to be visible all the time. Perhaps move those back to only being seen when you click on the member's avatar?

Back
Top Bottom