Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

I'm using Firefox as well and that hasn't happened to me yet.

Trying it now and there is is, a blank line, without the editor removing anything.

I'm using Firefox as well and that hasn't happened to me yet.

Trying it now and there is is, a blank line, without the editor removing anything.
If you use shift+enter instead of enter (which some people are in the habit of doing I guess) for single-spaced line breaks, then it happens when you hit backspace. Don't know if this is his problem though.

There was a brouhaha on the Codex about it after they upgraded Xenforo:

One guy in the Codex thread claimed it was happening to him occasionally even without using shift+enter, just regular enter. But it's easy to see if you use shift+enter.

edit: also reported as a bug on Xenforo forum:

Last edited:
Before the site moving we could see in our profile page a stat called "Avg. posts by day" (or something like that). Could we still see it? If we don't, can it be added back to our profile page?

If you use shift+enter instead of enter (which some people are in the habit of doing I guess) for single-spaced line breaks, then it happens when you hit backspace. Don't know if this is his problem though.
Those are indeed two different things. An enter creates indeed a new paragraph and a Shift+Enter creates a line break in the current paragraph. This is also how most editors behave (including Word). It is a bit weird though that a delete would remove one line break, if you are deleting a character in a line following such a line break.
Good that it has been reported as a bug, even though I don't think the intention of Shift+Return was for it to be used as a way to create an empty line. As it would be equal to creating an empty line in the a paragraph and that is not what you should do in a paragraph.

Last edited:
Before the site moving we could see in our profile page a stat called "Avg. posts by day" (or something like that). Could we still see it? If we don't, can it be added back to our profile page?
It's not a default XF feature, so not without custom coding, but that's unlikely as it's a pretty random statistic.

Thanks @Stingray That was it. I am used to using SHIFT ENTER as many UI's will take an enter to "post" a chat so I am now in the habit of it to avoid posting something before I finish typing it.

Edit Confirm:It is shift enter combined with the backspace key. The backspace key I hit a lot to fix typo's I make. So I didn't make the connection between the two.

Also why I thought it might only be the first paragraph. I didn't hit backspace every time while testing. Solves all kinds of weird things I was seeing.

So odd that backspace, used to delete a character, would remove the break and not just the character though.

Going to be a hard habit to break as I make many typo's typing and hit backspace a lot to fix ... and use shift enter a lot in chats. If I break the habit then I will be posting incomplete thoughts in chats :p

By the way, I mentioned this bug earlier, I've just experienced it again.

When I had just posted my message above wolfgrimdark's, the forums showed a "there were new posts since, would you like to see them?" (or something similar)

I clicked to see them and was brought the the 2nd page of this thread. So this feature is definitely not working as intended, I've had this a few times.

It's currently not possible to edit past messages in a conversation. Is it an option that can be changed?

I was using it to iterate over questions for an interview.
It was limited to 30 minutes for people with a minimum of 50 posts. Probably makes sense to have the same rights as in the forums.
It is still limited to 30 minutes for everyone with 8-49 posts, just as on the forums.

It was limited to 30 minutes for people with a minimum of 50 posts. Probably makes sense to have the same rights as in the forums.
It is still limited to 30 minutes for everyone with 8-49 posts, just as on the forums.
I had not realized those forums were so restrictive. Being able to update the first post of a thread is not uncommon practice, for example for guides. Ah well.

Can you increase the limit that is now for attaching a file? Cant even attach a img of 1.4 MB i took while playing, i need to go imgur or wherever
edit and with ctrl+p it says
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The uploaded file is too large.

so only option is to upload it on a different site

Last edited by a moderator:
Only this icon disappears, I have like 200 bookmarks. It started to happen when it changed to the new one.
Are you using the latest version of Firefox Portable? Can't really suggest much here as the favicon is completely up to standard, also nobody else has reported this issue so far.
Can you increase the limit that is now for attaching a file? Cant even attach a img of 1.4 MB i took while playing, i need to go imgur or wherever
edit and with ctrl+p it says
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The uploaded file is too large.

so only option is to upload it on a different site
I think the 1MB limit set currently is a reasonable limit for a single image, so I'd suggest using something like https://www.compress2go.com/compress-image or a program like IrfanView (free) to get the size of your images down.

Only this icon disappears, I have like 200 bookmarks. It started to happen when it changed to the new one.
Not having that problem with RPGWatch, but I've had similar problems with other sites in the past, and it always seemed to fix itself when I deleted that bookmark entirely and re-added it.

Back
Top Bottom