Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

I'm fairly sure I was able to edit titles before the migration to Sorcerer's Place, but the need to do so arises so infrequently that I can't be 100% certain.

I can't quote multiple posts to reply. I always get an error after clicking insert quotes.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Ah, I checked the permissions and it's disabled here. Was it like this before the migration to XF as well?
From my experiance I was allowed to edit the thread title but it took contacting a mod to actually make the change visible on the front-page/forum. It was weird how it worked.

Click on "More options" in the upper right and then "Toggle BB code" to enable being able to copy and paste quotes. You can quote multiple people that way. You have to toggle it back off afterwards though to re-enable other features.

I'm fairly sure I was able to edit titles before the migration to Sorcerer's Place, but the need to do so arises so infrequently that I can't be 100% certain.
From my experiance I was allowed to edit the thread title but it took contacting a mod to actually make the change visible on the front-page/forum. It was weird how it worked.
I made a few permission changes, namely:

1) I've disabled the option for users to delete their own posts. I generally don't allow post deletion on my forums as it leads to breaking the flow of discussion or intentional thread disruption when a user does it out of spite. Any posts made by mistake, double posts, etc. can be edited to request moderator deletion within the post itself, or by flagging the post for moderator action.

I'm tagging the active mods on this for the heads-up on the change: @Corwin @Pladio @HiddenX

We will be complying with GDPR and edit any flagged posts to remove any personally identifiable information a user might have posted and they can't edit out themselves. We will also be deleting/anonymizing user accounts upon request as per GDPR. We will not be deleting any content a user has posted that doesn't infringe on their privacy rights, however.

2) All registered users can now edit their own thread title and prefix (where enabled). Users with less than 7 posts can only do this within a 5 minute window.

3) Users with 7 posts and more can edit their posts within a 30 minute window, but not directly delete them.

4) Users with 50 posts and more can edit their posts with no time limit, but not directly delete them.
I can't quote multiple posts to reply. I always get an error after clicking insert quotes.
Check https://xenforo.com/community/threa...details-may-be-in-the-browser-console.191431/ and let me know.

Btw, did this start happening for you only recently? I just got a notice from our server provider of an issue with a ModSecurity update that could be the cause of this. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Last edited:
I need you to provide the info as described in the linked post and whether this only started occurring for you recently?
This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. page-21
Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content. preamble.min.js:4:73
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 2
The resource at “https://rpgwatch.com/forum/styles/fonts/fa/fa-regular-400.woff2?_v=5.15.3” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly. page-21
The resource at “https://rpgwatch.com/forum/styles/fonts/fa/fa-solid-900.woff2?_v=5.15.3” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly. page-21
The resource at “https://rpgwatch.com/forum/styles/fonts/fa/fa-brands-400.woff2?_v=5.15.3” preloaded with link preload was not used within a few seconds. Make sure all attributes of the preload tag are set correctly. page-21
PHP: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access this resource.</p>
</body></html>
core-compiled.js:42:506
Pretty messed up in text form. Error has been happening for a while for me at least.

Btw, did this start happening for you only recently? I just got a notice from our server provider of an issue with a ModSecurity update that could be the cause of this. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
I had this problem before, shortly after the move, then it was fine until yesterday when I had it again. If I try now it's fine. I'll report the messages if that happens again.

I had written a line of text, then wanted to insert a single quote before, so I selected the text, "+Quote", and got this message when clicking on "Insert quotes" / "Quote messages".

I have no bug report and no feature request, I only want to say a big "Thank you" to the RPGWatch team for your great work. We now had some time to get used to the new forum and for me it works (at least) as good as the old forum software. Also a big thanks to all moderators, news editors and other people adding content to this site!

I'll join @bkrueger in thanking all the staff members who are putting in lots of their free hours into helping make RPGWatch tick. Special mention naturally goes to @HiddenX for staying on top of all the news on a daily basis, which is the heart of RPGWatch that we simply couldn't do without.

And, of course, I need to thank all of our forum members who are keeping the community engaging with new discussions every day.

RPGWatch has been a surprise project for me this year that's literally hit my schedule out of the blue. With everything else that I've got going on I haven't managed to give it as much of my attention yet as I would have liked, but here's hoping that my schedule clears up a bit in the next few months so that I can dedicate some more time to the Watch and cross a few things off the never-ending to-do list.

I've upgraded the Tapatalk addon as they've released a number of bugfix updates in the last few months. Reading the change log, it's likely that Tapatalk here wasn't working properly for anyone using it (at the least the notifications weren't working), so here's hoping that it works now.

Back
Top Bottom