Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

That is an omission. Corrected that, but there are some restrictions
If you are in the registered group (less than 7 posts). You cannot delete posts
If you are in the RPGWatch Users group (less than 50 posts), you can edit/delete your posts, but the time is limited to 30 minutes.
If you are in the RPGWatch Fans group (50+ posts), you can edit/delete your posts unrestricted.

I edited my post to reflect the option of a suggestion :D

When I set the theme to Dark blue it doesn't stick (using windows chrome). I can see the dark theme briefly, but then the page reloads and it is back to the light blue. I tried removing the cookies. Is this is a known issue?

When I set the theme to Dark blue it doesn't stick (using windows chrome). I can see the dark theme briefly, but then the page reloads and it is back to the light blue. I tried removing the cookies. Is this is a known issue?
Are you trying to change the theme in your profile? That doesn't work for some reason. Try clicking on the sun/moon button at the top right or select the theme at the bottom left in the footer.

Yes, I had the same issue with the profile before I realized there was an easier way to change the theme from the top button.

I bet the latter overwrites the former so it has no chance of setting the change permanently. :D

Yes, I tried to change it using settings. I disabled umatrix and ublock but it doesn't work.

Clicking the moon/sun on the top-right works. Thanks! I was used to the explicit dark/light button so I missed the easy way :)

Yes, I tried to change it using settings. I disabled umatrix and ublock but it doesn't work.

Clicking the moon/sun on the top-right works. Thanks! I was used to the explicit dark/light button so I missed the easy way :)
You have more option when you scroll at the bottom of the page, with legacy themes (smaller fonts) and fluid (uses the full width). EDIT: but I see Arhu mentioned it already.

Reactions: ilm
Could you add .docx (and perhaps .doc) to the allowed extensions please? We're using them to review articles, it would be easier than having to zip/unzip them each time (and .docx is a zip in itself already so there's little waste of space).

I assume this is in conversations and for a limited group?
I don't think a forum is the best solution for doing what you want to do. Why not use Google Docs for that purpose and just send the resulting document. It is a much better platform to accomplish that kind of cooperation.

On a side note: Given that the article editor of RPGWatch only partially copes with all the weirdness that copy pasting from a Word document gives (or any other writing application for that matter), when I created the articles, I always preferred to get plain unformatted text, so I could do the formatting myself. It was a bit more work, but always resulted in a better looking article. Because of that I usually just copy pasted whatever I got in a plain text editor before pasting it in the article editor. So having the article in Word is not essential.
Then again, I am not doing that anymore :)

For now it's in a shared conversation, yes. Not everyone has a Google account or is willing to use it, so I used Word to keep it simple... but my first idea was also to use a shared Google document.

If it doesn't help to copy/paste from a Word document, then my request doesn't make much sense. Word can merge multiple reviews but we don't need that for the short articles we usually handle.

Anyone know how to get a linked image to display inline? My phone is in danger of being launched.

Clink on the image icon, select the link tab and enter the link, if that is what you mean.

Yeah, thanks. On the mobile format, when you click the image button, it pops up with 'Drop image, or click here'. Can't drop image, and click here launches a file picker. Didn't notice the second chain link icon, which looks exactly like the URL link button. In case anyone else has trouble.

Not sure if this was mentioned. I have rolled with the changes so far fine but one very annoying thing I find happening all the time is that when typing text and you add a paragraph return for a blank line the forum keeps removing it.

E.g. right now after typing "removing it." I hit enter TWICE to create a blank line. As soon as I had "E." typed it removed the blank lines.

It seems to happen only for the first paragraph as well. As when I started this sentence it left the line break.

Doesn't do that for me on latest Firefox. Which browser and version are you using?
Firefox, most current version.

Ah well I can live with it. Its consistent so I can at least work around it.

Back
Top Bottom