Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

Code:
<link href="https://rpgwatch.com/favicon.ico" rel="icon" type="iage/png" >

You have two errors (missing "m" and "/") in the code above. It has to end with:
Code:
type="image/png" />

Shouldn't it actually be image/x-icon not image/png?

Not necessarily, but it shouldn't matter either way, or even if it wasn't declared at all. Browsers will look for the favicon.ico file in the site root regardless of what's in the code. https://realfavicongenerator.net/faq#.Yvv4pBxByFU argues in favour of not declaring it at all and their install code omits the default favicon.ico completely. So apparently, as long as you only have favicon.ico and in the site root, it's best not to have anything in the code for it at all.

I've taken it out completely for the moment, let me know if it makes any difference.

The new PM system, where it's essentially just a private thread, where you can edit posts, and to which others may be invited if agreed, is excellent.

The new PM system, where it's essentially just a private thread, where you can edit posts, and to which others may be invited if agreed, is excellent.
It's definitely much better than the single messages back and forth system that vB and phpBB have (or had). I don't know why vB stuck with the archaic and inferior system for so long, IIRC even the ancient UBB.classic had a private threads system instead of the single messages.

It's definitely much better than the single messages back and forth system that vB and phpBB have (or had). I don't know why vB stuck with the archaic and inferior system for so long, IIRC even the ancient UBB.classic had a private threads system instead of the single messages.
Yes, when you're prone to typos or addenda, as I am, it's a godsend.

Is it possible to get buttons at the top of threads for next/previous, first/last page? It's a bit annoying to have scroll to the bottom to go to the last page of a thread.

I think he means in the top menu bar that remains visible when the user scrolls down.
View attachment 4302
Wouldn't make sense to have it there as well when it's already on top and bottom of every page... and you don't really have to scroll, you can just click on the up/down floating arrows on the bottom right of the pages to go to the top or bottom of the pages instantly. Incidentally, clicking the Home/End keys on your keyboard will do that as well.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. The following extensions are allowed: .zip, .txt, .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif
Any chance to put webp there?

I have an minor issue with the forum "breadcrumb" links at the top.

1663854103088.png

The clickable spot is about 1 or 2 pixel high, which is not very comfortable.

I don't know exactly when it started, I noticed that recently. First I thought those links were not working anymore because I was clicking on the letters, then I realized I had to click in the tiny zone just below them, at the level of the underline.

I'm using Chrome and the "Light Blue Legacy -- Small Font (12px) Fixed Width" theme, zoom is at 100%.
I tried the default theme but the problem remains.

If I point at the expected zone and do "Inspect", I get this, hopefully it should help. You can see that the links are partially covered by this div part. The submenu links just above (New posts, Find threads...) work just fine though.
1663854504056.png

I have the exact same issue using chrome as well.

Didn't change anything, but yes - it seems to be an issue in Chromium-based browsers. Couldn't find a quick fix because the CSS in that area is strange and calculated.

@Redglyph @Taluntain @Corwin - should be fixed now.

I'm not sure if I broke anything else, because it's a quick-and-dirty solution. The XF style does something with a hidden scrollbar and calculates the element's margin somewhere. I overwrote the margin and disabled the hidden scrollbar. At a glance it looks and works fine in Firefox/Mozilla and different browser window sizes, so... fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom