Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

So was the avatar section updated again as it looks wonky again. On the left side is the avatar and title. On the right joined, post count, and so on. It was normal 20 minutes ago.

Edit: I see its been happening to others as well. :wideeyed:

In several threads, the horizontal scroll bar appears at the bottom of the browser but for no reason since it's full except one pixel, no matter the size of the browser. Not a big deal though.

It appears in Chrome and Edge (same family so it's normal), I think it wasn't like that a few weeks ago.

I found the culprit that makes the horizontal scroll bar appear. It's the message-userArrow that appears at each article. I have no idea what it's for but when I remove it, it's back to normal.

I first thought it was the redundant info on the right but this looks fine (from a scrollbar point of view).

1664262061593.png

Line 10 of this stylesheet: https://rpgwatch.com/forum/css.php?...13&k=346587f20adca63a2abb182bab812a99bb5adb66

... is a very long line, but there is this:

CSS:
.message-userArrow {
    position: absolute;
    top: 20px;
    right: -1px;
    border: 10px solid transparent;
    border-left-width: 0;
    border-right-color: #c4c9ce;
}

Changing the right: -1px to 0px solves the issue (I think), though the whole thing could as well be removed, unless it has a purpose.

Is it intentional that the joined/postcount/location is on the right side now instead of the left side, with the non-fluid themes?

Had been using fluid for a while, changed back just to look at the others, and was surprised to see that...

Is it intentional that the joined/postcount/location is on the right side now instead of the left side, with the non-fluid themes?
In my case, I have joined/#messages on both sides, with the 12px fixed width theme. I think it has been reported a few times before. It does look like a bug.

It's only on the right side for me, when using non-fluid. Not the left.

Figured it could be intentional to save vertical space.

edit: 12px version actually does have it on both sides for me too. Default fixed version only has it on the right. Fluid obviously only has it on the left (there's no right margin).

I suppose the 3 flavours are available then 😅

I've also spotted that there were 2 smiley sizes, the small ones in "People", like this: 😉 and larger ones in "Smilies" like for example this: ;). It's just nitpicking though, maybe the difference is only visible in 12px.

I found the culprit that makes the horizontal scroll bar appear. It's the message-userArrow that appears at each article.
Good catch. Thanks. The arrow had no business being there, so I removed it.

Sort of intentional, to save on vertical space, particularly for one-line-posts. It was like that on the old design too, for the same reason. It looks a bit strange right now because it's still a bit work in progress, but parts of it got copied over when I fixed one of the other things.

It's not always on the right side, by the way, only when the right column is being displayed. And the right column is visible only when necessary for better readability. You can see what I mean when resizing your browser window.

In my case, I have joined/#messages on both sides, with the 12px fixed width theme. I think it has been reported a few times before. It does look like a bug.
That was not intended. Fixed. There should be only one instance now, either left or right, depending on window / display size (not shown on mobile resolutions).

I was trying to upload some photos, and I'm getting a message that says...

"The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded."

I've always used third-party hosts, to avoid adding to storage costs. Except for things in the database, articles, and so on, I don't see much need for hosting images on the site.

That's always been my line of thinking as well when it comes to random file/image uploads that lose relevance fast, but apparently Myrthos has hosted all the uploads locally from the get-go so I've left it as is for now with a view to revise this later on.

Back
Top Bottom