Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nifty.

* winks @Eye; *

You do realise this this poor, ancient one has absolutely NO idea what on Earth you are all talking about!! The only notifications I seem to get (aside from Bills) is something which tells me I'm still alive!!!! :)

You do realise this this poor, ancient one has absolutely NO idea what on Earth you are all talking about!! The only notifications I seem to get (aside from Bills) is something which tells me I'm still alive!!!! :)

You know @Corwin;, they have internet on computers now

Aside from the front page, which we know we have problems, there's also the matter of first posts on news threads. That would be a good thing to test too.

It's working well for me. I like the notification panel. Can't see much need to go to a paid version.

Afaik: by quoting Corwin AND mentioning his name with the atpersand, Lucky, you are sending him two notifications. Have pity on the poor man, he already has such a difficulty understanding what is going on... :)

Afaik: by quoting Corwin AND mentioning his name with the atpersand, Lucky, you are sending him two notifications. Have pity on the poor man, he already has such a difficulty understanding what is going on… :)

I will have to keep that in mind :). What about a MENTION wrapped in a quote as these are generated automatically? We wouldn't want two notifications for that I would think.

Aside from the front page, which we know we have problems, there's also the matter of first posts on news threads. That would be a good thing to test too.

I've tested that on this thread.

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061471089#post1061471089

I notice, happily, that my name came up on the front page as the first poster instead of the OP. Is that fixed or a side benefit of notifications?

I see what you mean. That has been fixed as a side effect of what I did yesterday to fix the bug I introduced. Spent quite some time hunting that bug before. Sometimes you are just lucky I guess :)

Last edited:
@Lucky Day; will have to keep that in mind :). What about a MENTION wrapped in a quote as these are generated automatically? We wouldn't want two notifications for that @Lucky Day would think.
Changed the first 'I' in the quote into @your name ; and the second 'I' into a simple at sign Lucky Day. So please enlighten us: how many notifications did you get, dear Lucky?

Two (quote and MENTION), or just one (quote)?

Funny @Myrthos;: at sign 'user name' does not work in a quote.

Last edited:
Changed the first 'I' in the quote into @your name ; and the second 'I' into a simple at sign Lucky Day. So please enlighten us: how many notifications did you get, dear Lucky?

Two (quote and MENTION), or just one (quote)?

Funny @Myrthos;: at sign 'user name' does not work in a quote.

I got one notification that I was in a quote.

Does Mythos get a notice seeing as there was a MENTION of him in the quote? Should he, since its (semi) not redundant?

Last edited:
In which quote was Myrthos mentioned?

Edit:
O, forget it: answer: in mine, when you quoted me. :)

Another edit:
To answer your question:
I guess not, his number of being Mentioned (in the box to right of his posting) is unchanged: 7.
I guess Mentions in quotes does not work.

Geez, coming up with things to test at the top of my head. Yet another reminder I was in Tech Support for 8 years and another year as QA. :p

Nope, mentions in quotes do apparently not generate a new mention.

Only mentions in a forum post will work, excluding the first post in the news and games comments forums, as they are generated by the software.

Got a pop up notification that I was quoted late while I was typing something. I finished what I was typing and don't know where it is. I don't see any notification at the top where they are normally.

This has probably been answered by where do I find the link to my notifications?

EDIT: OIC - you go to your public profile and there are tabs for mentions or quotes

You click on 'Your notifications' at the right top. That opens a menu. Quotes are the last line in that menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom