Forum server issue?

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Lately, each post I make requires 10-20 seconds to get posted, and I often get a "you must wait at least … before making another post", as if I hit the button twice (which I didn't). I don't think that's something on my side.

EDIT: testing the edit...

Last edited:
Only 20 seconds? My original post take 30+ or more to post. So yep sever issue.

Aye, there's been strange goings on these past nights…

:p

I don't have that issue really. Also there is nothing changed on the part of the server RPGWatch is on.
Does it happen only on a new post? Not when you edit it?

It happened to me as well just now. Just trying to reply to existing thread the wheel kept on spinning and then came up with the error:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 14 seconds.

---

However, looking at the thread where I replied, the reply did post. But it seems it wanted to do it again on its own.

I've been getting it a lot on new posts - takes ages for the page to respond, then gives me the "you must wait before posting again" message, when I definitely haven't hit post twice.

Also getting quite a lot of timeouts quite randomly.

EDIT: just did it again on this post.

Feels like if you click once on <Post Quick Reply> it clicks two times.

I don't have a delay when I edit, or when I'm reading (opening threads, links and so on), but every new post takes time.
Yes, happened to me yesterday too.

Edit
And just now as well.

The edit doesn't take any time for me too.

Me too

Yeah, this caused me to double post yesterday in the Final Fantasy XVI thread, since I wasn't sure I had clicked the submit button, clicked again and actually sent it twice.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 16 seconds. -> I got this warning when I posted on a thread I just necro-ed :)

Not sure what the issue is. We are running a site in parallel for our developments and Vbulletin has the same issue there. Which is strange as it is on a completely different database instance and also the database is from a long time ago, as is the code which is used there. Xenforo is fast enough though.
Also we are not even close to running out of memory or out of threads, so it is not that either.

Have to discuss with Arhu which of the changes that were made could have this impact, because the log files show no issue.

Not sure what the issue is. We are running a site in parallel for our developments and Vbulletin has the same issue there. Which is strange as it is on a completely different database instance and also the database is from a long time ago, as is the code which is used there. Xenforo is fast enough though.
Also we are not even close to running out of memory or out of threads, so it is not that either.

Have to discuss with Arhu which of the changes that were made could have this impact, because the log files show no issue.

Thank you for your support, Myrthos!

As a piece of suggestion, given that RPGWatch, as it currently is, will cease to exist in two months (give or take), if you find that's too complicated to fix this issue, let it be. Maybe the effort isn't worth now.

I just remembered something and changed a settings and that looks to be it.

To all Tapatalk users: It isn't working anymore. Sorry, but speed is more important. Maybe we have it again on Xenforo.

Well, I disabled the Tapatalk plugin, so I'm sure that will have some impact.

Well, I disabled the Tapatalk plugin, so I'm sure that will have some impact.
Ah OK. Seems to still be working for me.

Maybe some of the other functionality has stopped but just looking at new posts and replying works.

EDIT
Are there a lot of Tapatalk users?

Back
Top Bottom