GameBanshee - Atari signs NA Digital Distribution Deal

magerette

Hedgewitch
Atari - NA Digital Distribution Deal @ Gamebansee

Gamebanshee lets us know that Atari and GamersGate have signed a digital distribution agreement for some of Atari, Inc.'s North American releases, including the Witcher:
Atari plans to release some of its PC portfolio through GamersGate, giving gamers access to old back-catalogue favorites such as Masters of Orion® 3, Act of War: High Treason and Desperados® 2 in addition to new and popular games like The Witcher™. .

"Digital distribution is a huge growth area globally, and for Atari Inc., in particular," said Nizzi Renaud, vice president of web development and content, Atari, Inc."We are particularly excited by the chance to make some of our PC titles available on GamersGate and to cement our relationship with their gaming audience."
More information.

Last edited:
I love GamersGate - that's where I've gotten several things recently. I wonder what version of The Witcher will be there since they do international releases ...

Ah, maybe we can get the good stuff! (music anyway) :music:

AFA some of those other titles, I can imagine the deal is going to serve Atari well if they can offload some copies of Master of Orion3. ;)

Master Of Orion 3 is nobody's favourite. And if it is somebody's favourite, I feel bad for the person.
Although I do think that there's a parallel universe to this one, in which a version of MOO3 was released that's actually fun. We got the version where the game takes care of all the fun stuff and the player gets to slog through the tedium, while in the parallel universe, people are playing MOO3 and getting to do the fun stuff while the computer (and by extension, their parallels - us) do the boring bits for them.

I love GamersGate - that's where I've gotten several things recently. I wonder what version of The Witcher will be there since they do international releases ...

Out of curiosity, what did you buy from them?

Out of curiosity, what did you buy from them?

Let's see ... I'd have to check to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that both Day Watch and You Are Empty we theirs. Neither has a US release yet.

Master Of Orion 3 is nobody's favourite. And if it is somebody's favourite, I feel bad for the person.
Although I do think that there's a parallel universe to this one, in which a version of MOO3 was released that's actually fun. We got the version where the game takes care of all the fun stuff and the player gets to slog through the tedium, while in the parallel universe, people are playing MOO3 and getting to do the fun stuff while the computer (and by extension, their parallels - us) do the boring bits for them.

Anyone who could feel that MOO3 was their favorite game has to already be in that alternate universe, or to have made up his own. :)

Back
Top Bottom