Gedonia Early Impressions

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Alrighty then: Boredom set in but I waited till Gedonia went off sale and paid full price, like $12 and got the game. Character creation is pretty simple but it is also the first step in Choice and Consequences. You start with 1 point in each of the 4 stats and you can spend 8 more. You can also choose to take away the single point and spend it elsewhere. The stats are Strength, Agility, Charisma, and Intellect.

Now, unless you dump three whole points into strength you're not going to be able to wield big weapons or wear heavy armor. If you don't take 2 points or more in charisma, you can't have a companion. Note, a horse is a companion in this game, so no charisma, no horsie and they run much faster than you. There is also a stray dog in the first village. If you want Spirit and Stray, then you need 3 points in charisma. The dog is a great fighter and I think I'd choose him over the horse if I only had 2 charisma. You can skip either and there are other companion choices, though some cost gold.

Okay, skills up next: There are 17 skills in the game and they can level up a ton or just a little bit depending on what they are. Magic skills are expensive but do a ton of damage if you use them correctly. The 6 crafting skills are all convenient too, but if you spend too many points on them, you gimp your combat a bit.

So, I went with 1 St, 1 Ag, 3 Ch and 3 Int. I suck at melee but I have the horse and the dog and I can kick ass as long as I have mana. So, I had to take Alchemy so I can keep my mage in mana potions and also heal if needed.

For $12, you really can't pass this game up. It's cute, has several little quests already and a pretty large area to explore. It has hidden treasures in some of the out of way locales and this is a great intro to roleplaying games for a younger audience.

This is worth the dosh already. Go buy it.

Back
Top Bottom