Geneforge 2 - Infestation Kickstarter

It's always a great idea to push the campaign, even if every single goal isn't achieved. Statistically I think it tends to keep the momentum going for kick started projects, and that's usually a good thing.

I've got nothing against people who want to pay extra for a game to support the developers, although Vogel's low-effort games are probably the last place I'd do that. (I still like his games, just don't see why I should pay more than the minimum when he never seems to do more than the minimum himself)
That's not the right reasoning, it's related to public target and how much you want the project and what price is fine for you. This dev can't make higher budget and higher production value games, it's clearly dead for him now, he is already rather old or not young anymore since long.

Pledging a game for the price is never the point or it's an ultra safe bet, even then it looks like a wrong idea from someone who have no clues that pledging a game isn't buying a game.

Tag it low effort is most certainly wrong, those games have only one man doing dev+design+writing, all his 'remasters' add a lot of new content compared to original and each time, for better or worse, the gameplay is seriously changed, most of his games are huge in matter of content, at least they was for the planed remakes. But you was probably meaning low budget.

That said, Geneforge series never achieved appeal me, tried two if I remind well and both quickly felt from my hands, so I'll hardly bother.

Moreover I wouldn't advise any indies try use a similar approach than this dev, it could have work a time, but it's not looking anymore adapted to modern players, that's also why the crowdfunding makes sense and is probably not just a tool for the com of next game.

Geneforge 2 Infestation - September Update #4
Greetings, Kickstarter backers! It’s time for another update! Geneforge 2 - Infestation is still being written, and solid progress is being made.

The game world is 3/4 done. We’ve begun an intense period of in-house testing and finishing all those annoying fiddly bits we’ve put off finishing. Then we’ll hand the game over to a small, elite crew of Macintosh testers to begin banging the game into shape for real. Our freelance artists have made a bunch of great art, and everything is on schedule.

Most of the backer-designed elements are in the game. This took quite a while, but we’re very happy with the results. The world of the Shapers is starting to feel a lot more developed. There’s more in there about their history, their lore, and their ways. The whole game setting, little by little, is starting to come into focus in a way I find very satisfying. Thanks to everyone for your great ideas! They’re making a better game.

Over the next few weeks, we’re going to make the announcement trailer and the Steam page. Then the long process of begging for wishlists can begin.

Back
Top Bottom