Genshin Impact Tips & Tricks

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
How to have fun with Genshin Impact without spending any money?

Gameplay
  • Do every story quest due to you current adventure rank
  • Do the daily quests (Genshin is time gated not money gated)
  • Explore every map (teleports, chests, puzzles) that are available as the story progresses
  • Go into the Spiral Abyss as far as you can every two weeks (free primos and a great character)
  • Solve the tasks in your Adventure book
  • Try too find as many secrets as possible (they are hundrets of them)
  • Do the weekly city quests after they are available (money)
  • Do the 3 weekly boss fights (weapon resources)
  • Explore the housing system, after it becomes available (free resources)
  • Do mining for metal (ask the smiths - weapon resources)

Characters
Try to max out 4 characters at first, later 8 characters. (level, talents, gear and weapons). After that you can max out every character you like, but concentrate your resources at first.
Hint: You can solve the game with any character combination - even with the starting party.

Gacha pulls
  • Never pull on the weapon banner - you'll get more than enough good weapons over time
  • Never try to pull for a specific 4-Star character - this is too random - you'll get them All over time
  • Save your primos for 5-Star characters you really want - there's a soft pity after 70 pulls
  • Never buy any primogems with real money!

If you play regulary and want to spend some money to support the game, then buy the monthly battle pass for $10. It increases the resources you get for solving daily quests and you get an extra weapon. This is completely optional.
Have fun!

This is a more verbose guide by Eakes:

Complete Beginner Guide | New Genshin Impact Players 2022

Noelle is usually a character you get early in the game. She can attack, heal and shield the party:

She does EVERYTHING! Complete UPDATED Noelle guide for 2.7 | Genshin Impact

After 645 days of playing Genshin Impact I have reached the final Adventure Rank 60.
Interesting fact: After that experience points will be converted to Gold automatically.

Any tips again Stormterror ? I didn't finish that one before I went into vacation ...

I think fire and electro damage dealers are most effective. Use Noelle for shielding.

I finally made it, after using LOTS of food items and LOTS of min-maxing ... I so much hated that fight ...

There were a few characters/figures joining my ranks during the time at Mondstadt ("Moontown"). My question now is, are there more going to join as a regular party member ?

So far, through the story/story event , there were these joining :
Lisa
Kaeya
Barbara
Xiangling
Noelle, if you do the "Beginner's Gacha" with in-game currency only, then she is guaranteed as an additional party member.

Apart from these, there don't seem to be any other figures to be added as party members (I just finished the main story plot of Liyue).

I'm able to do "Legendary Adventures", or how they are called, but these are only stories (albeit good ones !), there are no more figures added as party members, as far as I can see.
( The story with Diona is the must funny story I've ever seen in the game so far ! ;) )

All of these characters can join your party if you wish on the standard banner.
You get Xiangling automatically if you reach Chamber 3, Floor 3 in the Spiral Abyss.

You get Barbara if you finish this quest.

I know about the last 2 you mentioned. I've almost reached the 3rd floor within the 3rd chamber.

I have been browsing through the official "Strategies" pages, and found that the Tianqiu quest made lots of headaches to playe5rs like me. Do you have any hint or tips as to how to solve the climbing puzzle ? I solved the other two already.

Use your main character with his geo-skill to create a box.
This box can be attached to a wall and you can use it for climbing.

I see ... Thank you.

Not directly a tip for the game itself, but attackers use an anti-cheat driver belonging to Genshin Impact for attacks since it works like a root kit. See article at Trend Micro.

Not directly a tip for the game itself, but attackers use an anti-cheat driver belonging to Genshin Impact for attacks since it works like a root kit. See article at Trend Micro.
Yes - Hoyoverse exchanged mhyprot2.sys against mhyprot3.sys already. Delete the mhyprot2.sys file from your system. It can be found in the %temp% folder.

Very worrysome ...

On a more lighter note, there is currently an in-game event, with which one can have an additional party member figure without any gambling or otherwise.
The quest event for that requires "Adventure Level" 20 and starts in the new area of "Sumeru". With careful planning and scouting ahead, it is in my opinion (as i have tried it) entirely possible to reach Sumeru "by foot" within the game without even having to go through the giant circular mining area. Once there, one has to go to the farest south-west of Sumeru, to the harbour town of Ormos. There are 2 carpenters discussing a problem they have there. The quest starts there. This story event can be played without getting any serious spoilers. The only real difficulty is to get to Ormos, as the enemies are strong, but remaining on the path, scouting ahead and gliding around as well should make circumventing most enemies possible, I think.

I'M somewhat dissatisfied with bow users and with pure spellcasters. They appear to me rather to be "glass cannons". I'm still dissatisfied of Amber's performance - even with her "buddy" - so, I wonder what Ishould do ? Give her more defense ? Items with faster standard attacks ? Her "target" aiming shot is okay, but it takes so long and makes her basically immobile.

With Barbara as a healer-caster, I have a similar problem. Because of that, I turned into using her abilities only against foes who are vulnerable against water.

I wonder, what I mcan do to empower her and pure casters in general ?

Qiqi, the small zombie girl (apparingly with a tragic past, but I haven't unlocked her past articles yet), has become one of my favourite party members meanwhile. She carries a sword meanwhile being a healer as well, which I like a lot. Against anything vulnerable to frost, she is great, especially with another element applied to an enemy before.

It really pay off to try out new party members. I didn't like Qiqi first, and found out about her strenthgs only during gameplay. Now she's almost one of my top party members.

However, I really need to restrict myself to a low number of characters, as character/figure levelling resources are very rare. And farming is not that easy.

Amber and Barbara are weaker characters that should be used as support only with not much field time. Qiqi is a good healer, but not a good main fighter.
A robust free main dps is Kaeya - you should build him up.

If you need expertise on other characters send me list of the characters that you have currently available.

Thanks. I have levelled up Kaeya a lot so far, and Xiangling is also part of my current "most powerful group". Fire and frost give good combinations, ;)

My main - I carry The Traveller into *every* group ! - is Dendro (plants, life energy ?) now.

I use Qiqi as a fighter mainly against enemies whoich are vulnerable to frost.

Noelle is always used against more heavier foes, as she is almost "unkaputtbar".

Besides, it seems that I have often greatly underestimated the benefits of certain food. Attack and defense boni are great pluses, so to say, sometimes.

Kaeya, Xiangling, Traveller, Noelle, Qiqi are all very good characters. Do you have Fischl already? - she can make your life a lot easier with her raven. As an elektro character she has very powerful reactions with the Dendro element.

Back
Top Bottom