Now we know why this game is getting so much coverage here.
Hopefully it's as scary to you as recent Wasteland Online coverage was to me.
This games keep on popping in various places I visit and I have dismissed as another mobile game. However if @HiddenX; is playing it then it must be half decent and I will give it try
Yes it's decent.
But to you and to everyone else who wants to try it:
1. Before starting decide you will not, absolutely not, buy gems. Even if it's cure for cancer. And keep your promise.
2. Default free characters are good. I'm way above Hidsen (AR41) and my general party is only those free ones everyone and their single mother gets (currently though): Xiangling (fire), Barbara (water), Noelle (earth), Kaeya (ice). For elements shuffle I got 24/7 15% resistance bonus, he runs 2 geo chars which is attack damage +15% but only when protected by a shield.
HiddenX has almost a perfect roster of characters which is 10x better than mine. Almost perfect as he doesn't have only one insane (read: OP) character.
The 5 OP characters that don't come as free ones:
- Diluc = trashmobs aggro clear made easy
- Bennett = posted already, #1 support, can be used as main DPS
- Sucrose = #2 support (won't go details why) that saves resin (alchemy)
- Xingqiu = saves resin (alchemy) but you should not level her up
- Mona = skyrocketing elemental reaction damage
Of all of these I have only Xingqiu. As it happens, and as I wrote above, while it would be awsome to have all five, not having them won't stop you from game progress.
They make fights a bit easier, but not unbeatable.
So make the promise. No buying gems! No gambling.
I'm not personally all that comfortable getting a free ride off the back of a model that exploits kids and folks with gambling issues. But even with that aside, I would find it annoying to have to ignore aspects of the game that are deemed non-essential. I tend to be quite completionist, and it would irritate me if there were collections or whatever that I couldn't complete without their grotty gambling mechanics.
You can complete everything without gambling.
You can't catch all the pokemon without gambling though.
The game is rated PEGI/ESRB 12/TEEN which is horrible. This game should be rated M (mature). But if PEGI/ESRB did that, then they would have to do the same thing for all Electronic Arts lootboxesmania products. That's the problem that seems cannot be resolved without lawmaking interference.