Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
The expansion pack for Gothic 3 that many thought wouldn't happen.
About Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods
Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods will answer many open questions and guarantee a seamless step to Gothic 4. Once more you take on the role of the nameless Hero and again you have to raise your sword in anger to save the world of Gothic. On your journey you will meet old friends – but be careful, some old alliances may not have lasted the test of time…

Features

• Lively and interactive environment which reacts to the player's actions, creating a very intense and realistic atmosphere
  • Improved graphics quality thanks to updated engine technology
  • Enhanced user interface
  • 15-20 intense hours of gameplay
  • Improved combat system with new combat rules
  • Plenty of new weapons, armour, monsters and quests
More information.

Do you guys plan to review this ..."game"?

i wonder if the gameplay has gotten any better with the 2nd patch or has everyone 'forsaken' the addon?

i wonder if the gameplay has gotten any better with the 2nd patch or has everyone 'forsaken' the addon?

I certainly haven't, but i'm going to wait till it hits the bargain bin before I buy it.

Hopefully by then it will have been patched up pretty good.

I recall reading that the new patch(a big one this time)will be released in 2008 so we wont have to wait much longer.

I certainly haven't, but i'm going to wait till it hits the bargain bin before I buy it.

Hopefully by then it will have been patched up pretty good.

a good idea. with Gothic 4 and Risen still in development, i'm in no hurry to play the add-on, moreover with some daddy searching to do in Fallout 3.

Are there anyone here who actually bothered about Forsaken Gods yet? I haven't seen many comments about it except for media ripping it apart.

Are there anyone here who actually bothered about Forsaken Gods yet? I haven't seen many comments about it except for media ripping it apart.
I did but left it as soon as I saw all those stupid voice over and people not talking to me cause I didn't follow the plot.I haven't really touched main quest because I don't want to be more disappointed,I install it only to try patches only to be let down again.
My advice: If you don't want to be frustrated don't play it.If you really want to try it wait for a proper patch.
Edit:I forgot to add that NH is now a completely different person than what he was.

I apologize for not finishing my review yet ... busy, busy, busy ... FO3 is stacked and waiting, and 'Whole Game In My Hand' is almost done, and Forsaken Fans is ~50% done (the review ... I've already finished the game).

My advice - don't rush out ...

forsaken gods has so many frame rate issues and wont work as nice as gothic 3

With Forsaken Gods being released in shambles and Risen being released as polished as it was, it makes one wonder where the real issues resided with Gothic 3. (i think we know.)

I Don't recommend FG, even with the patches, it was horrible, Same world (gothic 3) with some changes to existing towns and such but this is in no way Gothic, They ruined the Nameless one, The voiceovers were absolutely horrid. In fact this release made want to vomit it was that bad. It is not Gothic. I am hoping they at least give us something decent with Arcania.

but this is in no way Gothic, They ruined the Nameless one, The voiceovers were absolutely horrid. In fact this release made want to vomit it was that bad. It is not Gothic. I am hoping they at least give us something decent with Arcania.

I ended up getting a copy only because it was included with the Gothic 3 Collector's Edition over here. I pretend it doesn't even exist. In my mind, Gothic ended with G3, which was also pretty disappointing when compared to the first 2 games.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I don't have high expectations for Arcania either.

I saw the intro and decided the game didn't exist.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I don't have high expectations for Arcania either.
I know what you mean, This really left a bad taste in my mouth, however I heard somewhere that FG was actually created by Trine, a foriegn developer out of the middle east, which is not affiliated with Spellbound as far as i know. I don't know if this info is accurate but i do know it wasn't created by Spellbound.

I will not race out to get Arcania like i did with Risen or any other game i felt secure about thats for sure. Iv'e been the Guinea pig, now it's someone else turn, at least for Arcania anyways. lol

Seems the only good thing is the title - at first it appears very apt if you understand the concept, it is strange that there are not many gothic gamers who do, within the gothic series the gods were never really forsaken, they only appeared to be for a time until a solution was found. So retrospectively appyling the core concept progression of "conflict of the gods" and it's so-called after effect "forsaken gods" does not conceptually exist and therefore completely trashes the title. The game's concept title was doomed before it ever left the drawing board as the solution was built into the previous games. The game was intended to be a transition, a stepping stone into 'Arcania: A Gothic Tale' - it failed miserably, both practically and conceptually and therefore could never 'rightfully' be the fourth instalment of the Gothic series.

I know what you mean, This really left a bad taste in my mouth, however I heard somewhere that FG was actually created by Trine, a foriegn developer out of the middle east...

Mumbai India to be exact. For anyone else in the fabulous IT business familiar with outsourced software quality its hardly a surprise. Not that the developers are bad, but getting the communication right and requirements translated correctly is next to impossible. Asking folks in Mumbai to capture the essence of Eastern European fantasy is hilarious! To try outsourcing the sequel to a cult like game, one that had a reputation to RECOVER, it was just plain stupidity. Cheap ass bean counting management move. Someday they will learn.

The second part of Gothic sees The Nameless Hero resurrected by Xardas into a new setting. Now located outside the city of Khorinis, he is asked by Xardas to investigate a new evil that threatens Khorinis and the surrounding lands. Over the course of the story, The Nameless Hero reconnects with old friends from the first chapter while adjusting to changes in the faction structure. With the penal colony and its barrier a thing of the past, the surrounding lands have been invaded by orcs. Factions now consist of the Militia/Paladins of Khorinis, the Fire Novices/Fire Mages, and the Mercenaries/Dragon Hunters. Water mages also make a return. Having discovered the source of the evil threatening Khorinis, our hero assembles a crew of trusted friends and sails to a nearby island. There he battles a large undead dragon, completing the central quest of the chapter. The chapter closes with the hero and his allies sailing away from the island....

@samueleric,

G2 has nothing whatsover to do with Forsaken Gods, PB themselves admitted that G2's storyline concept drifted off the main gothic concept…(read as original G1)…"conflict of the gods"
In an effort to correct this storyline drift, in a somewhat sad but true dissatisfaction with the gothic gamers inabillity to solve the original concept puzzle and locate the solution with connecting with and redeeming the "conflict of the gods" - PB returned once more to the original G1 concept in the guise of G3. The storyline this time was more open and forthcomming yet still remaining vaguely disguised and subliminal with the concept's purpose. G1 and G3 have the same concept though approached from a slightly different angle.
Although a great game in itself, G2 was a kind of "lame duck" of the series in respect of recognising the conflict that the gods themselves had created.

G2 does not enter the "forsaken" equasion.

Last edited:
Wulf but what happened in g2 was vital for Xardas plans. After all he failed to become chosen one of beliar at the end of g1. Sleeper was too powerfull for him thus he had to set namesless one his quest to conquer dragons etc.

Back
Top Bottom