Gothic 3 - Translated Interview @ Official Forums

As I have said before, I will NEVER BUY another game from DC!! They make EA look good!!

Hehe ... personally I never say never ... even after paying $40 TWICE for Dungeon Lords ...

As for Aspyr, look what they have recently done in terms of US releases:
PC
1701 A.D.
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Gothic 2 Gold Edition
Gothic 3
ParaWorld™
Silent Storm Gold Edition
SpellForce 2™ Shadow Wars
Spellforce Platinum Edition
Stubbs the Zombie™
The Guild 2
The Guild: Gold Edition
The Shield™
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland™
Top Spin 2
True Crime®: New York City
PS2
The Shield™
XBOX
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Stubbs the Zombie™

I just wanted to throw rather off-topicly ;) in, that we need more "bridge people" who are able to understand at least two languages. These people are extremely important to international communication.

Iirc, Jowood bought 'the adventure company' to be able to release adventure games on both sides of the pond at the same tid. (I don't know if this also included Dreamcatcher). Jowood did release or publish Secret Files: Tunguska in Europe, and, afaik, Jowood is a division of Koch Media, a very big media house in Germany, and in Europe as well.

Also, I'll be happy to be one of the 'bridge people', since i both understand English
and German (and a little bit of French).

Jowood did release or publish Secret Files: Tunguska in Europe, and, afaik, Jowood is a division of Koch Media, a very big media house in Germany, and in Europe as well.

Hmmm... not quite ;) . Secret Files: Tunguska was published by Deep Silver which is a Koch Media label.
And JoWood is not a division of Koch Media. JoWood and Koch only have a co-publishing agreement for JoWood's line-up, i.e. both companies share the costs and profits of publishing certain titles of JoWood's partners. That's all. Koch doesn't own JoWood.

Koch doesn't own JoWood.

You mean except for being JoWooD´s biggest shareholder? ;)

But you´re right. Koch had the option to swallow JoWooD when they were almost dead the last time. They decided to get a special permit to avoid having to issue a take over offer at the time of the dept to equity swap.

I knew that they got stock in JoWood but it's not > 50%, right?

I think the peak was ~40%, but more than 25% or so usually toggles a forced offer to buy the rest of the shares.

Okies, thanks for the clarification :) . I wasn't sure there for a moment whether you were arguing the issue of "ownership" or something else.

Back
Top Bottom