Gothic Remake - Steam Page Up

There's (finally) some Gothic Remake news on Steam. We get a Minecrawler Sneak Peak [sic] and a call for a Community Manager, i.e. they're hiring a poor sob who is going to have to deal with rabid Gothic fans who will rip apart every little change of the remake version. Thick skin (like mammoth thick) is required ;)

I don't envy whoever gets that job.

The minecrawler looks good at least, although I can't tell if that's a pure screenshot. They should probably change the release date from "Coming soon" to "When it's done", because I have a feeling there's a long way to go on this one.

Thanks for the update and yeah it sounds like the remake is far from being completed. I also pity the new community manager as the small Gothic fan-base is very fanatic.

Speaking as one who criticized the series before and got smacked down.:biggrin:

Last edited:
On the bright side: The devs are still active on the forums from time to time. They have reinstated that the only thing left to do is the sleeper temple and on November 4 (THIS YEAR ) one of them confirmed that they are "close to the finishing line"

I've been delaying a full replay of the Gothic series (plus G3 addon + Arkania!) forever. Knowing my luck, I'd start a playthrough, and just when I finish Gothic 1, the Reloaded version would be released ;) . That's why I keep on being patient which, frankly, is easier than ever with so many other games to play...

That's great news if it's true. I had just about given up any hope that Gothic Reloaded would ever be finished. It just seems like one of those projects that's been going on forever with very little recent progress. I think Gothic still looks pretty good with the texture packs that are already available. I just wish someone could get the DX11 mod completely stable.

As for a replay of the series, I'm right there with you. I do partial replays of Gothic 1 & 2 every so often, but it's been more than a decade since I've fully gone through any of them, and I've never actually finished G3 or Arcania.

I strongly advise skipping the addon for G3 though. There's just no point in playing it. It's terrible, and it's not canon anyways.

Back
Top Bottom