Gothic Gothic Workshop

Cool, but kind of weird that they would finally do this now. I wonder if the success of TCoM: Archolos played a hand in this.

CoM also spurred the special December update. A lot of effort for a free game. A great game and a popular one but I wonder what Steam gets from it.

85 mods for g2 already, really cool idea, i saw some mods never had any idea about them, and plenty of QoL ones

Yeah, just tried out Velen mod. It just worked. I'm amazed. Maybe we're in for a Gothic renaissance.

What's with all the Polish ones? Is Poland full of Gothic fans?

Cool do any of those mods update the game to current standards? Nope as even the DX 11 render with new textures can't even do that. Bring on the pitchforks now.:p

Even the controls are outdated and can't be fixed without a remaster.

Controls are outdated, can't disagree, but it's not hard to get used to them, really. Chronicles of Myrtana has shown the way. I'm so impressed with what the (Polish,since we're speaking of that) modders have done with a 20yo game.

I'm still waiting for more games to meet the standards Gothic 1&2 set to begin with.

It's really quite amazing that so many old games haven't been surpassed. Gothic 2 would be one. Ultima 7, Fallout 2, Torment, BG2, Morrowind etc. Often the older versions still play better than their newer incarnations.

well i think the reason is pretty clear, i doubt back then devs/publishers were thinking about season pass bullshit, weapons skins and how to squeeze as much money as they can with little effort to get their bonuses from investors or whatever

It's really quite amazing that so many old games haven't been surpassed. Gothic 2 would be one. Ultima 7, Fallout 2, Torment, BG2, Morrowind etc. Often the older versions still play better than their newer incarnations.

I would add Fallout 1 and BG 1 to the mix, as their (semi) open-world, simulation, reactivity and freedom are still not matched (in my opinion).

Back
Top Bottom