GreedFall 2 - Coming to GOG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GreedFall 2 will be coming to GOG.

The story starts three years before the events of the first game and the adventures of De Sardet.

This time you play as a native of Teer Fradee, uprooted by force from your island and taken to the continent of Gacane, where the colonists are from. In this old world ravaged by war and scarred by the Malichor plague and the political scheming of the different factions, you need to regain your freedom and control of your own destiny. Using diplomacy, cunning or combat, as well as help from allies you make, it's up to you to end one man's ambitions of conquest, which could spell the end for the continent and your island.

Experience the unique world of GreedFall again by exploring the old continent! Travel across new landscapes, from Olima - the city of stars of the Bridge Alliance - to the shores of Uxantis, and uncover the secrets of these ancient lands. Meet all the factions that share control over these nations and navigate the treacherous waters of their schemes and conspiracies.

Create your own character and find allies to join your team. Help them with their quests, uncover their secrets and make them your friends, rivals or even lovers. As well as equipping them the way you want, you can also take control of them in combat.

Immerse yourself in an ever deeper RPG experience where every choice has an impact on your adventure and where diplomacy, manipulation, infiltration and combat are all viable paths for you to achieve your aims.
More information.

Coming soon so that means anywhere from 3 months to a year from now.:geek:

At least we know it's getting close to release.

Well, they sure aren't going to release in early September.

I don't know - the first one was OK. The story was interesting, and the setting was unique, but the way those quests had you going back and forth and back and forth...

Releasing in September would be a stupid decision, but then again the last game barely sold 2 million copies in two years. So huge sales were never an option in the first place.

I remember playing the first game it's a BioWare clone and loving it, but it did suffer from backtracking that affects all Spider RPG games. I never played the last DLC yet either.

So it might be time for a replay.🤔

Last edited:
Well, they sure aren't going to release in early September.

I don't know - the first one was OK. The story was interesting, and the setting was unique, but the way those quests had you going back and forth and back and forth...
Yeah i refinished it this week, and exploring the areas before you had quests there seemed pointless. Lots of backtracking.

I really enjoyed the first one. For me the thing that annoyed me was that there was no real exploration. Quite a lot of ares were enclosed and you could only follow the routes that were there.

I think there was something else, and I'm sure I noted it down in one of the threads but I can't remember now.

I remember playing the first game it's a BioWare clone and loving it, but it did suffer from backtracking that affects all Spider RPG games.
I'm currently playing all Spiders games in release order, and Faery: Legends of Avalon is basically Backtracking: The Video Game. The levels are very small, but you're constantly walking between the same few points of interest. I understand that they tried to squeeze as much gameplay as possible from the little content they could afford to make, but it can be tiring.

I didn't enjoy Greedfall at all and the story bored me to death (I'm typing from beyond the grave). I did like the graphics and setting. Will wait on the 2nd one.

I didn't enjoy Greedfall at all and the story bored me to death (I'm typing from beyond the grave). I did like the graphics and setting. Will wait on the 2nd one.
I enjoyed it for the first half, but I had to force myself to finish it. Greedfall seems like one of those games where people here either loved it or hated it. I found it very formulaic, and there's no way I'd ever replay it.

Greedfall seems like one of those games where people here either loved it or hated it.
Well, I just liked it.

Ugh.... prequels.
No interest. I want to know how the story continues.
What happened before is of extremely limited interest to me as I already know what happens after.

As one of the few who loved Greedfall I have to agree with Sheep, I am not a fan of prequels at all - in movies, games, or books. Unless set so far back in time it is mostly mute. I want to know more about what will happen not what already has.

I have to agree with that. Prequels generally only interest me if they're set in a completely different era.

While I do share the reluctance for prequels in any forms, since I really liked Greedfall despite it's backtracking design, I'll surely plunge again
And considering my admiration for Spider's worldbuilding, I dare entertain the hope to see them extend and deepen Greedfall world in a interesting way.

Back
Top Bottom