GTA / RDR Possible Remakes

Hard to say. You can tell that most of the early Steam reviews are bullshit because they only have like 0.2 hours played.
I think I initially heard about it being the exact buggy version in some tweet by some random, and I think I saw one mention about the bugs in one of the steam reviews.
But regardless, I'm not too excited for these games. I keep saying I want to replay/play some of these old games, but I grow to believe I'll probably not get to most of these.
The one I was excited for was the RDR1 remaster, but since that's been cancelled, I lost interest.

Yeah, I definitely would have preferred a port of RDR. I'm still hoping they do it someday, but only if it's a lot better than what they did with GTA.
Yeah, I still can't believe RDR1 will soon be, basically extinct.
It's only on console.
It can't be played on PS4 or PS5. Only via PSNow, the streaming service.
It can be played on modern Xbox consoles, but they're only emulating the Xbox360 version.
I tried to emulate it on PC and it's awful, basically unplayable unless you want to have an awful time with it.
It's insane how Rockstar and Take2 are handling it. What a shit-show.

Man, attitudes like that will always be remembered in my books. Treating computer users like that will keep my stingy wallet ever closed to such people/companies. I'm pretty sure I'd rebuy Red Dead Redemption one if it were ever released for the computer savvy, I had an excellent time playing it on my Playstation three, point in fact it was the single game that I purchased at the same time that I bought the console. Now it's somewhere in a box gathering dust. -p

Which version? I was under the impression that the Xbox version emulated pretty well.
Something with X and S in the name or something. I have a feeling we talked about this some time ago.
My main issues is that it ran pretty bad performance-wise and the mappings from mouse and keyboard to controller emulator were pretty bad.
Plus, I'd constantly cause the currently focused window to switch, since it would not block the cursor from moving outside the emulator window.

Ah ok, I remember now that you have issues with using a controller for games like that. I think it emulates pretty well if you just use a gamepad. I get that some people can't enjoy it that way though.

Ah ok, I remember now that you have issues with using a controller for games like that. I think it emulates pretty well if you just use a gamepad. I get that some people can't enjoy it that way though.
Yeah, sounds like a controller would take away the most significant issues, but if I'm gonna do that I might as well play it on my PS3.
Last of Us 1 and Uncharted 1/2 were the only games I really forced myself to play on my PS3, just because they were that good. And I had plenty of controller breaking moments in those too.
But a lot of the aiming was fixed by the fact that you could stay behind cover, approximately aim and then pop out.
RDR1 features a lot of firing while galloping at high speed, which could've been mitigated by the slow-motion system had it not been timed. Plus the whole checkpoint system that throws you back a long way if you die. It was just a mess.

Read about that a few days ago but as usual I'll wait and see. We all know the real reason why it was never ported to the PC was to many technical problems.

Not saying it couldn't but it would take a lot of effort and time.

A remake would be better.

Unfortunately I don't think we're getting a remake, if we're getting anything at all.
It would be fun if they would align it more with RDR2, but there's small chance of that, considering the amount of work required.
I wonder if they could at least run it in the RDR2 engine, maybe with some enhanced models and textures. But it probably wouldn't be much of a fit.

But I'll take the simple remaster as well, if they can at least make it run in ultrawide resolutions.

Well, this is disappointing. The big reveal turned out to just be ports to the Nintendo Switch and PS4/PS5, and it doesn't even feature enhanced visuals.

Yeah that's dissapointing cause if it's released on switch it could be released on the PC as well. To me it just seems like Rockstar just doesn't care enough for the PC.

There were also plans to port RDR2 to PS5 and Xbox Series X that were canceled, so it seems like the series in general isn't getting as much love from Rockstar as it could be.

Well you can emulate the PS3 or the newer switch version on a PC emulator but it just doesn't feel the same. Controls just feel wonky unless you use a controller.

Back
Top Bottom