GTA / RDR Possible Remakes

This is an interesting piece of news/rumours.

https://kotaku.com/the-gta-remastered-trilogy-appears-to-be-real-and-comi-1847474620
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1425880801137287176
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1425883328314544128

I'm not particularly interested in the GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas remakes, though I would like to replay them and maybe finish them all (only finished Vice City). Especially if they plan on redoing the awful RC airplanes and helicopter controls.

But what interests me more is the mentioned remake, if the GTAs sell well enough, of RDR1. That's be amazing to see it on PC. But I give that even less credence. Plus I can't imagine it being a small enough effort to redo them all in the Unreal Engine. So, actually this is looking even less plausible, now that I think about it.

But it's nice to dream.

Yeah I could see Rockstar doing remasters as they are easier. Remakes on the other-hand are more costly as you have to redo the game from scratch in a new engine.

I hold San Andreas as the best GTA if they can remake it with better graphics sure but I don´t need it
I would like some updates though last time I played it a few months ago the different driving schools were impossible to finish which locked out all the races

Yeah I could see Rockstar doing remasters as they are easier. Remakes on the other-hand are more costly as you have to redo the game from scratch in a new engine.
Unless that engine is Gamebryo that hasn't changed since Jesus lived.

I've played only GTA5 and RDR2.
Both games are so boring I really don't feel anything towards these remakes or remasters - no way I'm gonna buy any.

Maybe if I was 12 or 13 when I played those, maybe, not saying for sure, maybe those wouldn't be as boring.
The mature content in these games felt forced to me. Added not because of the story or something fun, but because maturity sells.

I couldn't care less about the GTA games, but I would love to see a remaster of RDR 1. Even better if they port it to PC.

I still have it on PS3, but I never played very far, and that version hasn't aged well imo.

Nod, I have it for my Playstation three as well, played it to death for a solid month, yet have never replayed it. I'd grab it should the game ever be released for us computer folk, for sure.

Nod, I have it for my Playstation three as well, played it to death for a solid month, yet have never replayed it. I'd grab it should the game ever be released for us computer folk, for sure.

I played it and liked it a lot, until you start needing to aim with a controller, while on horseback. Gave up at that point, and always hoped for a PC release.

I played it and liked it a lot, until you start needing to aim with a controller, while on horseback. Gave up at that point, and always hoped for a PC release.

I didn't have too much trouble using the Dualshock controller, but I agree K+M would probably be better.

For me though, it's more about the visuals. After seeing RDR 2, it's hard to go back to the first game.

I kind of weirdly enjoyed the clunky controls. It kind of felt like developing a new skill, being able to control a horse while shooting through a hangman's rope. The game starts to throw you a bone as you progress, and lets you slow time to target multiple shots like a boss.

I kind of weirdly enjoyed the clunky controls. It kind of felt like developing a new skill, being able to control a horse while shooting through a hangman's rope. The game starts to throw you a bone as you progress, and lets you slow time to target multiple shots like a boss.

Yeah, I noticed the slow time upgrade. But I believe they then change it from a slow time and shoot, to slow and mark or something? And I constantly somehow end up marking the same target more than once, and this way I waste ammo and time. Anyway, I just completely lose my patience in games where I have to aim with a controller. It's just mind-numbing that console gamers have accepted this.

The only console game where I really had no choice and managed to force myself to finish it was Last of Us 1. And thank god Last of Us 2 has an accessibility option to start slow-time when you aim down sights, and thus gives you a chance to not just be awful. Every game should have that feature, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, it's a weird thing, and I've only kind of enjoyed the awkwardness of the controls a couple of times. The other big one I remember was Goldeneye, on the clunky N64 controller. At that point, I already had the idea of KBM controls for an FPS. But I got a certain satisfaction from pulling off sniper shots with a wobbly thumbstick.

I think the N64 controller was my all-time favourite, it seemed to fit the best in my hand out of all the controllers I've tried. And Goldeneye, one of the best games ever, imo. The controllers out these days just don't do the job for me.

Vice City was my favourite GTA, so I'm totally down for a remaster of that. San Andreas was the one I liked least, mainly because I found the gang-banger stuff less interesting and the mini-game stuff tedious. (I'd still play a remaster of that though!)

Vice City was my favourite GTA, so I'm totally down for a remaster of that. San Andreas was the one I liked least, mainly because I found the gang-banger stuff less interesting and the mini-game stuff tedious. (I'd still play a remaster of that though!)

It's a long way off, but the next GTA will evidently be set in Vice City.

It's a long way off, but the next GTA will evidently be set in Vice City.

Interesting. I wonder what era it's going to take place in. I thought the 1980's vibe was one of the best things about the original. I'm not sure I'd be interested in revisiting that location in the modern day.

Hundreds of hours spent in those 3 GTA, some good memories, gta3 remains my favorite, i was lucky enough to play them around the pc release dates.
These 3 games are a good example how a real sequel needs to be done, gta 3 was quite simple but vice city brought many improvements and new things, and san andreas brought many things compared to VC.

Seemes the GTA 3 rumours were indeed correct.

https://www.polygon.com/22713238/gr...ter-definitive-edition-release-date-platforms

GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas are coming to modern systems. Rumours had it that it would be running on UE4, but I don't see any confirmation for this yet.

I'm kind of pleasantly surprised. I only managed to finish Vice City, and it was a lot of fun. San Andreas was also fun, but I got stuck on some shitty remote controlled mission, and the shitty controls effectively made it impossible for me to advance. But it was hilarious for as long as I played it. If they all run properly on PC I might try them all again.

I've always found the GTA series quite hollow, just a sandbox with poor memory (just do a 360 and the vehicles have changed) with a short story. It's fun to play in the sandbox, but it quickly becomes boring.

I could only play a little of RDR since it was a console game and I don't have a console, but I would probably given it a try if it had been ported to PC.

Back
Top Bottom