GWP update #60

Carnifex

SasqWatch
I received this update today:

SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN
For the single-player campaign and content update, we have been hard at work. The team continues to work on the new features needed for this part of the game as well as the new content. Right now, we're working on what we call Regionscape 1. This is the first Region of the isle of Purgatory to be released. In this Region, there will be roughly over 50+ quests/missions. These quests are a mix of simple quests as well as very complex ones. In this region, there are about 3-4 settlements and about a dozen locations of note to visit.

We originally said that we were hoping to release this soon, but unfortunately, we've decided to push it back again. As we said in the past, our goal for this year is now quality and not speed. We're taking our time to make the game so much better than what It was. We were debating amongst ourselves whether to release what we have by the end of this month but we felt it was still raw and unpolished. We're also adding some features that we feel would be needed to make this a better experience. We know we've always been late and we always made the mistake of underestimating the work involved. This has always been one of our major flaws and we thank you for your patience with us.

Were very excited though for all of you to get your hands on the game as soon as possible because the game almost feels like an entirely new game. So you can expect the update in late July to early August. It's possible it will be earlier but we decided to give ourselves more time to work on it properly. We hope you all understand. Thank you!

So, we might be waiting a bit longer for Graywalkers, yet at least it does sound like it's coming at some time!

I tinkered around a bit with some early version probably a year or two ago. Seemed very rough but I'm glad it's still being worked on. It was always a very ambitious project that they were trying to make on a shoestring budget, so my expectations are low… Frankly I'll be happy if it comes out of EA and isn't a buggy mess.

Last edited:
You're braver than I, Daveyd, though it does me good to read their most recent updates. Like you, I simply hope something good comes out of all this, I've been concerned for the project for quite some time now, yet I'm not throwing the bathwater out yet. I'm ever hopeful.

Yeah, I backed it just because I really liked the idea of a supernatural take on the post-apocalyptic setting. Seems so obvious yet I don't think anyone's really done it in an RPG (at least not a Wester cRPG). And I do get the sense that the developers are passionate about what they do, though aside from the lead guys most of their team has completely changed since the Kickstarter.

I completely agree about their passions for the project, that is most evident. Sixty updates to this time, they most certainly did not take the money and simply vanish. I can feel the love they have for the project, it shows clearly in each and every information packet they've shared, and I expect to see something worth playing when all is said and done. That is my hope and prayer!

Back
Top Bottom