Kingmaker Have you Pathfinder peoples tried out turn-based mode?

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah, it was that gnome. I'm not a fan of quest timers so I would usually bang out the chapter's main story and then casually do the side content until the next chapter started. Unfortunately this meant I never got to meet the guy.

One issue that I seem to be having is as I've cleared my active quest journal, I don't have anything to do. I mean, I'm wandering around exploring stuff, claiming resources, having battles with things that seem below my level, yet mostly I seem to be waiting on events that summon me back to the capital. Am I missing something, or is this how the game functions? For what it's worth, I seem to be a few weeks or months into the second stage, at this point.

One issue that I seem to be having is as I've cleared my active quest journal, I don't have anything to do. I mean, I'm wandering around exploring stuff, claiming resources, having battles with things that seem below my level, yet mostly I seem to be waiting on events that summon me back to the capital. Am I missing something, or is this how the game functions? For what it's worth, I seem to be a few weeks or months into the second stage, at this point.

That's how the game functions.

That's what I meant earlier and which happens at the start of each chapter. You need to advance enough in the kingdom management until a specific event or project triggers the new chapter. Normally it shouldn't be too long, but it wasn't clear for me at the beginning because I wasn't expecting that at all.

The new patch completely broke my game. I just came back to Kingmaker a few days ago and have been enjoying it. After this patch, persistent effects don't work. You can't cast spells with a duration on yourself; you're "immune" to them. Enemies lose their persistent abilties too. Someone else said you can't recover spells from rest, but that's second hand.

Yeah, it sucks. I tend to follow wild hairs with games when they're not new releases. I'll just feel like playing something, so I will. Got back into Kingmaker in that fashion and have played ~20 hours over the past 5 or so days. But this is probably going to kill that momentum dead.

I hate patches. Always have. Too often patches have broken a game for me instead of fixing it. I know they're often necessary but I've had far too many bad experiences with them. And for a game like this that's been out for a long time, I think a company should be extra cautious with releasing any additional patches because obviously the game works already and you don't need to do anything. If it's not a slam dunk 100% positive thing to do, don't do it. At least with companies like Arcen who update every 5 minutes they maintain a stable_build branch in beta so you don't have to update to the newest thing if it fucks up the game.

Update: after playing a bit more and tdoing some testing, it seems like maybe there's just spam in the log about things not working but things are actually working.... I hope so. That takes it from game breaking to minor irritation.

Last edited:
Update: after playing a bit more and tdoing some testing, it seems like maybe there's just spam in the log about things not working but things are actually working…. I hope so. That takes it from game breaking to minor irritation.
Since they're all busy on WotR, it's probably been assigned to an intern ;)

Even if that's just the log, it's weird they can break that sort of things on a mature game. I suppose they really don't have much time to test it right now, and I doubt they perform extensive validations on their deliveries (I don't blame them, must be complex to design and maintain on games).

From what I've read, the console version is yet another set of problems.

Yeah I saw a huge update today, and just had to laugh at myself. I waited over two years to get back into this game, and maybe I didn't wait long enough?!!? For some reason my paladin lost his alignment somehow and can no longer level up, so I'm hoping that will be addressed. I'm exploring an area that reminds me greatly of the Fade from Dragon Age: Origins, so at least for now I'm having fun.

I played it when it came out and had a great time with no big issues. Glad I didn't wait two years to play.

Yeah I saw a huge update today, and just had to laugh at myself. I waited over two years to get back into this game, and maybe I didn't wait long enough?!!? For some reason my paladin lost his alignment somehow and can no longer level up, so I'm hoping that will be addressed. I'm exploring an area that reminds me greatly of the Fade from Dragon Age: Origins, so at least for now I'm having fun.
For the alignment you could use a program like this one, I used it to modify my portrait but it can change many other stats, including alignment. Keep a backup of your original saved files just in case (or save twice and only modify one file).

There are also Kingmaker mods (Bag of Tricks) but they require the Unity Mod Manager and I'm not sure it's easy to install or if that works with the latest versions. I could reinstall it recently but I may have been lucky.

Yes, discord is a good idea. They're communicating a *lot* there.

Back
Top Bottom