Having a life at The Watch - or not

dteowner

Shoegazer
This illustrates the point so well…

A reasonable thread about Couch not contained in P&R inevitably turns into political insults anyway. And yes, I get that it's a joke (and a fairly good one at that) but a constant campaign of jokes can still turn malicious.

Don't know about this particular instance and I'm not around enough anymore to make educated guesses, but I do know that in the past Couch has told me [removed personal information] I can certainly understand the sentiment. You have no idea how exhausting and infuriating it can be to interact with the liberal echo chamber around here. You guys can be flat out jackasses and the moderation is on record for supporting such bad treatment as long as it goes strictly in the accepted direction.

Nobody forces anyone to step into the P&R swamp, but y'all are chasing him all over the forums, as evidenced here. You really need to think about treating the opposition with just a sliver of respect rather than a disease to be eradicated. It will be more fun for everyone that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, please. [removed personal information] "a disease to be eradicated". Overblowing things much?

Couch likes to post pretty provocative stuff, changes his avatar to various pro-Trump images and slogans, and talks about how he likes to troll sometimes. I credit him with not being a bitch about it when he gets a bit of friendly flak for it.

And, TBH, if you find it "exhausting and infuriating" to interact with us "jackasses", why do it to yourself? If I felt that way, I think I would just move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't visit the political forum here but I don't think Couch gets a hard time on the other forums. He is a valued member here and most like him a good deal.

And, TBH, if you find it "exhausting and infuriating" to interact with us "jackasses", why do it to yourself? If I felt that way, I think I would just move on.
Oh, you mean like I largely did, like more than a few did, and like (possibly) Couch may have done? Brilliant concept! I believe we shall call this...evidence.

I think it is sad that you are using the disappearing of Couch as an attempt to use that as an evidence to make your opinions more valid.

Oh, you mean like I largely did, like more than a few did, and like (possibly) Couch may have done? Brilliant concept! I believe we shall call this…evidence.

So, we have some assertions, some speculation, and your own case, which is rather contradicted by the fact you're still here whinging about it. Yes, I imagine that might meet your standard for evidence.

I think it is sad that you are using the disappearing of Couch as an attempt to use that as an evidence to make your opinions more valid.
The guy TOLD ME via PM exactly what I related. Whether you choose to consider it a possibility or blatant opportunism is ultimately up to you. To borrow a phrase, I don't need to prove you wrong.

I hope the guy pops up and all is good. He's a valuable part of the community and it would be a loss if he left, regardless of what prompted it. We're all drops in the bucket and eventually all holes fill in, but it's still less water overall and that's a bad thing.

@dteowner; Just want to say good to see you again despite the circumstances. I do miss some old posters. It's sad to see people go.

@dteowner; Just want to say good to see you again despite the circumstances. I do miss some old posters. It's sad to see people go.
Thank you kindly. Always a pleasure, young lady.

Dte I'm glad to see you are still breathing.
I'll always remember your threads on Wiz8 and my employees always laugh when I repeat the line" I probably will leave this business with only the lint in my pocket"
It's been years but you still make me laugh

The guy TOLD ME via PM exactly what I related. Whether you choose to consider it a possibility or blatant opportunism is ultimately up to you. To borrow a phrase, I don't need to prove you wrong.
I'm sure he did. He has been sharing his feelings on this forum and the people on it basically since he became a news poster all those years ago, so there is no surprise there. He also left, or wanted to leave, because of that a few times and had the same MO in making us aware of it.

Couch suddenly leaving without a message and also not having visited this forum a single time since his last post almost 3 weeks ago, is worrying.

I stand with what I said, you have your own opinion and perception about this forum and you are using the absence of Couch in a way that makes it sad.

And dte, while I'm politically far to the left of you, and personally think your post was a bit over the top, I am happy to see you, and wish you would be here more often.

pibbur who like the purple bob is sad whenever someone leaves.

Last edited:
Well is Couch right wing or leftist? Could never tell, tbh.

Well is Couch right wing or leftist? Could never tell, tbh.

I don't think he's either, really. Back when we had some proper far right nutters about the place, he had no time for them at all. He's been on my friend list for years.

I think he's more aggrieved about the contempt that Trumpism has attracted, and perhaps he has personal reasons for that - I don't know. But I do think that if one posts a lot of stuff about SJWs, snowflakes, cucks, etc, and denouncing political correctness, one can't be too aggrieved to get a few digs back. Most of the time I give him a dig it's about some of those types of youtube vids he posts, and that's really just my way of nudging him to see what that crap is really all about, and to not let that nonsense shape his worldview.

Couch is doing pretty good. Most of us could disappear and there wouldn't be a peep. He's up to 3 pages now. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Couch is doing pretty good. Most of us could disappear and there wouldn't be a peep. He's up to 3 pages now. :biggrin:

I also hope couch is just on vacation.

Over a decade ago I sent three emails to the mods that I wasn't getting enough respect or somesuch. Dhruin was very kind in his response and so was Margeret.

Then I realized, why am I being such a big baby!? It's only the internet!

Over a decade ago I sent three emails to the mods that I wasn't getting enough respect or somesuch. Dhruin was very kind in his response and so was Margeret.

Then I realized, why am I being such a big baby!? It's only the internet!

Yep, sometimes no attention is the best kind of attention. :)

I think you are being slightly disingenuous here. This thread was started out of concern for Couch's well being yet people started to make fun of him and that was bit uncalled for in thread such as this and that was not moderated at all so I think @dteowner; rightly wondered why and gave his reasons.

I think you are being slightly disingenuous here. This thread was started out of concern for Couch's well being yet people started to make fun of him and that was bit uncalled for in thread such as this and that was not moderated at all so I think @dteowner; rightly wondered why and gave his reasons.

You've got to bear in mind that Couch sometimes has various Trump avatars and taglines. So, someone said that maybe he'd gone to the Trump parade, which I think was a friendly joke that's well within bounds. If you mean what I said, I'm not making fun of Couch. I was making fun of Vurt and the tank parade itself. My point is that I don't think Couch is really that guy, and I don't think he would be doing that. I think DTE is pretty clearly just taking it as an opportunity to grind his axe.

Back
Top Bottom