Hellslave - Release Day

Looks interesting enough to wishlist for potential investigation

There was a demo on GOG to try this - not certain it's still there. I tried it and thought it was ok gameplay-wise; nothing spectacular. The art was pretty cool though.

There was a demo on GOG to try this - not certain it's still there. I tried it and thought it was ok gameplay-wise; nothing spectacular. The art was pretty cool though.

Thanks for mentioning that. I just checked and it's still there. Strange that there's no demo on Steam.

The developers have been actively doing hotfixes/minor patches since the release day which IMO is a good thing. That means I'll get a more stable version of the game in the near future :)

Last edited:
Hmm..this was the Darkest Dungeon clone I remember reading about, but quickly forgot about it. Glad to see it was completed and found success in a very niche market.

The other game was called Iratus: Lord of the Dead.:)

I was about to buy it, just because I had nothing new to play this Sunday and I felt like supporting the art style, then realised the character creation doesn't include female models.

I suddenly didn't feel inclined to support a game that doesn't take into account over half the humans on the planet or their ability to relate to the characters they create.

C'est la vie.

That does indeed seem like an odd choice, not to have the option to play a female character. Maybe something they'll add in down the road with subsequent patches and/or additional content?

No idea. If it was a fixed protagonist, I'm fine with it, but they allow you to create your character, name it, customise it… just only for males. Hell, if it was a resource costly game where you have to redo every armour/weapon model, animation and sync for a female model, I'd still think it's lazy, but I could have an idea of why they didn't do it with a limited budget.

In this game, your character is a 2D sprite that you only see on character creation and when you open the inventory/gear tab during the game. It'd be literally a 30-minute job to edit a decent sprite with different customization options for hairstyles and such.

Agreed, again it seems pretty silly to not have that choice included. I wonder if anyone has done any feedback pertaining to this issue, it might be something the developers might be willing to address.

Back
Top Bottom