Gothic 3 Help! Why are Orcs going hostile on me?!?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
After 60+ hours and nearly all of Myrtana explored, all of the sudden the Orc leaders are becoming hosile towards me for no apparent reason.

Whenever I go near an Orc leader he says "Bad news Mora, we can no longer trust suspicious Mora's", or something like that, and then every Orc in Myrtana becomes hostile towards me, basically making the game unplayable.

I've only liberated 1 city(Cape Dun), and have never killed an Orc inside a city.

Is there a console command or something I can use to reset their hostility towards me?

I think it is related with your reputation with the rebels.If it is high,above 70 if i am not wrong,the orcs are hostile.A friend told me that,so i am not totally sure

well,this friend is here with me and says that when you reach 60+ reputation with the rebels, orcs attack you on sight.

I've never read anything stating that reputation can cause hostility in Gothic 3. Besides, my rep is only 42 with the Rebels, I have 70 rep with the Rangers, but I don't believe that would matter anyways.

I don't think any of those things are what's happening to me, the only Orcs I've killed were parts of quests, and I've only liberated 1 city. I also have it patched to 1.5, so I don't think that has anything to do with it either.

i'm still playing with patch 1.12 so i'm not sure but maybe this is a bug introduced by the new patch?

Never heard of this. In all my playthroughs it's always been triggered by talking to the orc leaders after liberating cities:

1st city: The next orc leader tells you something bad is happening.
2nd city: The next orc leader tells you he doesn't trust you.
3rd city: The next orc leader tells you that they can no longer take chances, and after that every single orc in the game is hostile.

If you simply stay clear of the leaders, you can liberate all the cities without the orcs becoming hostile. The leaders trigger it, not the reputation or number of cities liberated.

If it happens in any other way, it's most likely bugged.

what about orcs roaming about outside of the cities on trails and such. i accidently killed one in the crossfire fighting beasts one time and had to load a 10 hour earlier save once i finally figured out that it had caused the orcs to become hostile towards me. also i think if you attack one or both of the temples in varant where the orcs are camped it possibly can piss off the orcs.

but its highly possible as well that your just another victim of the 'unofficial flu'

Hope the thread is still active. :)

I bumped into the same thing, except it was because I liberated too many cities (alas, I did not know about the limit on liberated cities). My question would be if there is a way to reverse this (nop, havent got a save game from b4 the 3rd city), or to somehow reset the behaviour of the leaders. Tried using the story helper, but it did not seem to be able to help much, or maybe I just missed something. Anyway, console commands or whatever that might be able to reset this behaviour would be well appreciated.

Hope the thread is still active. :)

I bumped into the same thing, except it was because I liberated too many cities (alas, I did not know about the limit on liberated cities). My question would be if there is a way to reverse this (nop, havent got a save game from b4 the 3rd city), or to somehow reset the behaviour of the leaders. Tried using the story helper, but it did not seem to be able to help much, or maybe I just missed something. Anyway, console commands or whatever that might be able to reset this behaviour would be well appreciated.
Maybe this will help you.

Yes, that thread that Kostaz points yotu toward is pretty correct.

I had a problem in Varant where I had liberated no cities and still the Hashishin were suspicious. Then I liberated Lago to get to Vatras and it was all over, all the leaders started the 'Bad news...' dialog as soon as they saw me and everyone attacked me.

So I had to use the console to change the political affiliation of the leader to 'NONE', which allows you to talk to him as normal. Unlike in that thread, I never found it necessary to get close to the leader to change his stats, however, just type in 'edit Grok' or whoever. In one instance in Varant, this didn't work and I had to select the leader from a very, very long list of all the entities in the game to edit him. Got through to Ishtar with 75% favorable Hashishin rating using this method.

For anyone who has this issue with the latest comunity patch and cm: check what armour you are wearing! I was attacked by ork leaders (name in white) but not but by normal orks (green, as rep wash above 75). It was because I just bought some great rebel armour in Nemora. They reacted to that.

Epic thread necro. :)

thread_necro.gif

I WILL CHECK THREAD DATE BEFORE POSTING

pibbur who WILL CHECK THREAD DATE BEFORE POSTING

Did you ever figure out what happened with the orcs back in 2008? Can you even remember :)
I can't remember, but I want to say the Orcs stayed hostile for the rest of the game.

There were some weird bugs and glitches in that playthrough. One thing I do remember, because it was so bizarre, was an area up on a mountain somewhere where a bunch of creatures kept spawning seemingly out of midair. There was a big pile of bodies near the base of the mountain where they were falling off. :)

Back
Top Bottom