Hogwarts Legacy - Delayed Until February 2023

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Hogwarts Legacy has been delayed until February 2023.

And another one bites the dust. Warner Bros has just revealed that Hogwarts Legacy has been delayed until February 2023. Or to be more precise, the game will now release on February 10th.

Hogwarts Legacy is a third-person immersive, open-world action RPG, developed by Avalanche Software. In this game, players will experience a new story set at Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. Players will make allies, battle Dark wizards, and decide the fate of the wizarding world. Additionally, players will grow their magical abilities by mastering spells, brewing potions and taming fantastic beasts.

[...]
More information.

Another game bites the dust...to be delayed again. :raincloud:

That makes it 40 large budget games delayed till 2023 this year.

Also this...
1660429450756.png
1660429461724.png

Delayed games do not always lead to better games that is a damn fallacy. As said on another thread 2022 was a dry year for RPGs, unless you love obscure games & JRPGs.

Delayed games do not always lead to better games that is a damn fallacy.
But surely it helps make them less bugged and unpolished?

When I had to delay a release in my projects, I can assure you the client wouldn't have enjoyed the result in its current state. 😅 It's always a painful decision because you know they'll be upset and disappointed (but you also know they'll be late themselves in their own project, which is not the case with games).

Sometimes games benefit from delays true but the universal acceptance that every delayed game is always better is the fallacy. I give you Cyberpunk 2077 for example #1.

Let me put it another way. ^^

A delayed game can still have loads of massive flaws that are never addressed. A rushed game can be perfectly fine, if the core of the game is functional and runs well.

That's why we have day one patches and further patches after release.

Last edited:
I don't think any game should ever come out. It could always be slightly improved. Why release it unless it's absolutely perfect? The robots will have a lot of great games to play in 2547.

I wonder what the cause of the delay was? Not sure how close to release it was meant to be...
From what I saw, there was a tentative release end of the year during the holidays; I've never seen an official date but maybe I missed it.

TBH I'm not sure what this is all about, some of those sites even say it's not the first time it's been delayed, maybe they are confused between estimation and actual commitment. There was a leaked date I think, maybe they took it for granted.

I'm surprised this many people here even care about when a Harry Potter game is getting released tbh.
I liked what I've seen in trailer and I like HP universe :)

I don't think delays are good thing - delay doesn't always mean things will get fixed and longer development time may also add financial pressure.

This game has been delayed several times and so little info is available on it in general, I don't even know what to expect of it. Hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise but I won't keep hopes up high.

Last edited:
Yep it's been delayed for years and that right there sounds ominous. As games delayed this much usually means there is something wrong with the game or developer. :nod:

I liked what I've seen in trailer and I like HP universe :)

I don't think delays are good thing - delay doesn't always mean things will get fixed and longer development time mag also add financial pressure.

This game has been delayed several times and so little info is available on it in general, I don't even know what to expect of it. Hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise but I won't keep hopes up high.

Yeah, I'm probably being a bit unfair as I know almost nothing about the game. When I see "Hogwarts" though, I can only think about those films which put me to sleep every time I attempted to watch them. :)

Well look at this another delayed game.

Broken Roads publisher now Versus Evil. Game is delayed until 2023

It's been difficult keeping quiet all these months, but today, we are excited to officially announce that Broken Roads is coming to PC & consoles in 2023, and will be published by our partners at Versus Evil!

To celebrate this announcement, we've released a brand new trailer. Check it out & don't forget to wishlist!

Last edited:
Well look at this another delayed game.

Broken Roads publisher now Versus Evil. Game is delayed until 2023
Yeah, I tipped that earlier today (link to their short announcement). It's true that they had shown a trailer 12 months ago announcing a 2022 release... I don't find it very reassuring that they only mention "2023" and not something a little more precise at this point. Maybe we'll see more at Gamescon.

They partnered up, too.

Yeah, I tipped that earlier today (link to their short announcement). It's true that they had shown a trailer 12 months ago announcing a 2022 release... I don't find it very reassuring that they only mention "2023" and not something a little more precise at this point. Maybe we'll see more at Gamescon.

They partnered up, too.
Seems they dropped their old publisher for Versus Evil. It used to be Team17.

This is a new a trend lately and doubt they will ever explain why. Every-time this happens the game gets delayed. Probably due to new influx of cash to improve the game.

Back
Top Bottom