Humble monthly - dissapointment

This thread makes me really sad €12 euro for 7 games, and people complain it is too much ? or a disappointment, on top of that some of the money is going to charity! :( :( :( :(

This thread is sad for the entire gaming industry.

Good is relative. When you've got used to this, then 12€ for 7 games, most of which have been very cheap in the past suddenly does not seem good. When a site has been offering deals like the one linked for several years, them offering a worse deal makes it disappointing.

Well, the big problem is that you really don't know if you're getting something that you want from a bundle like this, so unless they're giving you a really good deal, you really don't have much incentive to take the gamble. Which was the point I was trying to get to (and the current monthly is not a really good deal).

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure how the new monthly subscription thing worked, but it sounds like you pay for the bundle before they even reveal what games are going to be in it. In that case, I would never do it because I don't like blind purchases regardless of the price. If that was just a regular bundle, then it's not a bad deal.

Paid about 12 Euro. Valkyre looks a bit kiddy/manga but I'll be open minded if it's good
It is a bit kiddy/manga for sure. As I've said elsewhere, it's a bit like "Leave it to Beaver goes to War." But the gameplay itself is an excellent tactical, turn based game. River of Time is fun, too.

Whether or not it was worth it to you depends on how much you enjoy the games. If you get 12 euro of enjoyment out of the package then it was worth it. Period. There's no point in being disappointed about a good deal just because there might be a better deal out there somewhere, someday. It doesn't change the fact that you got a good deal.

Sorry for thread digging, but I think that’s an important matter.

In terms of games in the Monthly Bundle, I guess they were worth the price although…
Since 2010, when Humble Bundle launched as a mix of supporting devs and charity, while receiving cool games, it changed drastically.

For most of us gamers it became another online shop to get our games in lower prices. I totally get that users want their bundles “worthy” (oh hey Thor), but it wasn’t the main purpose of the project. Sadly I find that many great deals have spoiled us. Also it impacts the market heavily. Once the game is in HB its value is going down. That’s why many developers don’t decide to put their games there.

In standard humble bundle (when you don’t change money spread manually) 15% goes to charity, in subscription it’s only 5%. Does anyone know if you can change that setting?

Sorry for thread digging, but I think that’s an important matter.

In terms of games in the Monthly Bundle, I guess they were worth the price although…
Since 2010, when Humble Bundle launched as a mix of supporting devs and charity, while receiving cool games, it changed drastically.

For most of us gamers it became another online shop to get our games in lower prices. I totally get that users want their bundles “worthy” (oh hey Thor), but it wasn’t the main purpose of the project. Sadly I find that many great deals have spoiled us. Also it impacts the market heavily. Once the game is in HB its value is going down. That’s why many developers don’t decide to put their games there.

In standard humble bundle (when you don’t change money spread manually) 15% goes to charity, in subscription it’s only 5%. Does anyone know if you can change that setting?
No it's fixed 5%

According to french leaker Billbil-kun from Dealabs, the following games will be part of the next Choice

Hell Let Loose
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - Fate Edition
Shadow Tactics: Aiko's Choice

Quite a thread necro as it was last updated over seven years ago. :biggrin:

The current/previous monthly bundle is actually excellent (Death Loop, Disciples Libration, and Monster Train are some of the high lights). Few months ago the had Mass Effect Legendary!

Especially given that Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning has already been free at Epic. Hopefully the smaller games are decent.
Shadow Tactics: Aiko's Choice looks good, though I've yet to play the first one.

I forgot to pause my monthly subscription. Then Paypal android app sent me a message "You paid 12 dollars to Humble Monthly Choice" (something like that)

:( :(

Last edited:
According to french leaker Billbil-kun from Dealabs, the following games will be part of the next Choice
Wasteland 3
GreedFall
First Class Trouble
Backbone

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, holding off on buying stuff on my wish list is still paying off for me. I liked DOOM, even though I found stuff near the end a bit hard, so pretty happy with DOOM Eternal.
Also, interested in The Serpent Rogue and one of my kids is keen on that skateboarding game, and nice to have Encased on Steam.
The others? Prolly not my cuppa tea. Grow looks like it might be... soothing.

February choice leak
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
Fallout 76

Back
Top Bottom