I finished my book! :)

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Hello, darlings. :heart:

A couple of you have been awesome enough to check on me and ask where I've been the last few…years? Has it really been years? Ungh. Well, I know I've spent at least the last five years writing this novel, and as of March 28, I published it. :) Five years of blood, agony, tears, booze, suicidal ideation, staying up all night, sleeping all day, losing good sanity I'll never get back - and that's not including all the reading and research and WRITING. And then the editing. Oh, the editing. That first draft is nothing. The third draft copy and type edits will make you die, and formatting for paperback will drag your corpse for a mile. And that's IF you did all your artwork right the first time.

BUT IT'S DONE.

The book is called Mary, Everything, and it's book one of my series The Flapper Covenant. It's 1920s sorcery and multiversal travel and ass-kicking, and they're just starting their freshman year in college. Instead of trying to sum it up, I'll just paste the link here and you can check out the description. :) And if you're bored and looking for something truly different to read, download my sample on Kindle! I can't promise it'll be everyone's thing, but I can promise this isn't a concept that's done every day, nor are my heroines the usual stuff. ^.~

Also, I invented an entirely new magic system for my universe, if it matters. It's not 100% complete yet, but it is a logical magic system. In other words, you don't just wave a wand and have your wishes come true. You can build your own spells (called "reactions" or "formulae") - and I've done my best to give it a uniquely 1920s feel. WWI has just ended as well - and one of my major characters is an American combat sorceress who fought on the Western Front. So far, she's been a favorite among those who've read…

I've been really excited to come back and tell you guys what I've been up to. I'd love to have had your advice and feedback when I was still finishing it up, but maybe it's for the best - I'm sure I'd have come to a few of you, hat in hand, begging for you to be beta readers, and I lost too much of my self-respect as it is. :)

P.S. Color maps! Pictures! :)

If you *do* happen to be interested, and you *do* want to read, I would seriously love you forever if you gave me a (nice) review! (I'd still really appreciate you checking out my book and taking the time to review, but I can't promise I wouldn't cry if you gave me one star :( ) And if a lot of you are interested, I think I can launch a sale, too. But I'm not counting on a ton of interest. I'm just glad to be back. I feel like I've come home and now I can brag to my family about what I've been up to.

I missed you. :heart:

Last edited:
Great job and nice to hear from you again.
Do keep in touch :)

I haven't read a book in two years so I can't promise I'll read it, but I'll keep it in my wishlist.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure whether time travelling is my thing (not so much so far), but apart from that I'm happy that you made your own novel ! :) Plus, your own [magic] system - that's great ! :)

Great job and nice to hear from you again.
Do keep in touch :)

I haven't read a book in two years so I can't promise I'll read it, but I'll keep it in my wishlist.

Well apparently I had one click buy so I purchased it

Will have to read it at some point.
No pressure but I prefer completed series.

Well apparently I had one click buy so I purchased it

Will have to read it at some point.
No pressure but I prefer completed series.

Oh, no! Well you can still refund it!

I'm not sure whether time travelling is my thing (not so much so far), but apart from that I'm happy that you made your own novel ! :) Plus, your own [magic] system - that's great ! :)

Thank you, Alrik! :)

Of course not…

Hope you're doing OK during lockdown.

Aww...well if you won't refund it, all I can do is pray I can spin a yarn you'll love. :)

Thank you - and same to you and yours! :heart:

Wow, kudos to you! I tried writing when I was much younger, had some ideas that were OK'ish I think, but I didn't have the patience (for research and refining my writing skills) or the perseverance. Well done - it's a huge thing to write and publish :cool:

Congratulations. Bought it. Will read it after I finish my current read. (May take some time).

a pibbur who finds the concept interesting.

Wow, kudos to you! I tried writing when I was much younger, had some ideas that were OK'ish I think, but I didn't have the patience (for research and refining my writing skills) or the perseverance. Well done - it's a huge thing to write and publish :cool:

Thanks so much! :) Well, I promise you that if *I* did it, anyone can do it. :) This novel taught me that it's all about convincing the world that you knew what you were doing the whole time, that you weren't juggling sand up till the last minute and wondering how you were ever gonna turn it into some really pretty church.

Still, thank you for the good vibes. :)

Congratulations. Bought it. Will read it after I finish my current read. (May take some time).

a pibbur who finds the concept interesting.

Thank you so much, Pibbur! :heart: I hope you absolutely love it!

I tried writing when I was much younger, had some ideas that were OK'ish I think, but I didn't have the patience (for research and refining my writing skills) or the perseverance.

I have begun scribbling down scenes and ideas as Fragments … I will keep themn as such, unless I manage to wrap a bigger story around them (or stories), but this was they aren't lost, this at least.

I think it would be a good idea to scribble down ideas even if they don't form an own book. This way one can at least say : "At least I had some ideas and wrote them down !"

Awesome - I just started another book but bought this one to give it a shot ... and of course to support you! It looks like something my wife will also enjoy, always better when we both read something!

Congrats! I know I don't know you nearly as well as others here but I have plenty of respect for any decent person who manages to achieve a goal like this. I work for a university and it reminds me a little of the grit and determination it takes to get a masters or phd. In the end those who earn one are those who can stick out a difficult task. Having written a lot of fan-fiction, and tried working on a book I have had in my head for well over a decade now, I know its hard.

Too hard for me so far. Hence my respect when someone manages it. While selling and getting nice reviews is a big plus just knowing you accomplished the goal must feel nice.

I enjoyed reading all the write ups on Amazon and good to see you got some nice reviews already. Also respect you were brave in subject matter as that is something I struggle with as my main character would be in the same situation only on the male side (like a lot of my Skyrim stories which add up to about 1500 pages total).

I read a ton of Fantasy and your synopsis sounds very unique and stands out as original. Hope it goes well for you and you find the desire and energy to continue!

PS - Since I finished my last amazon Fire book (kindle) and need a new one I picked yours up. Mixing magic with time and reality travel is a favorite theme of mine so I suspect I will enjoy it.

I want you to know that you're all amazing. I just, I can't.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :heart:

All I can say is that I desperately hope I was worth the purchase! I swear I honestly didn't come here trying to sell stuff (even though I did link myself twice) - I just wanted to...well, I guess pitch my story idea itself, instead of the book, if that makes sense? Still, I'm grateful to you. @txa1265; and @wolfgrimdark;, thank you guys so much. :heart: Yeah, I'll admit, it was pretty tough - especially forming the plot around the emotions in the early stage, I guess. I told myself that if I did one thing before I died, I wanted this book published - it sorta felt like my own journey wouldn't be complete until I did. And I'm really thrilled but mostly I'm humbled at the reception I've gotten. Every time someone buys the book I flinch a little in a kind of pre-emptive guilt, hoping it will be worth it, you know?

But I hope your wife loves it, txa (or even you!), and Wolf, if those themes are your thing, my whole universe is built around them, so I at least think you'll enjoy the story. I hope, anyway.

Thank you, everyone. So much.

Wow, congratulations, I always wanted to write a book! But I can't do that and write games at the same time :) Maybe when I retire :D

After Jaz we have a second book writer on the Watch - Congratulations!

(bought it already, but I can't promise to read it anytime soon, because I still have many books to read to the end)

Dear Aubrielle,

Congratulations on your first book! From the bottom of my heart, I wish you all the luck and all the success in the world in your career. May it be long and prosperous. :)

Aubrielle,

Firstly, great to hear from you again, and that all is well. Huge congrats on the book, I can only imagine how amazing it must feel to complete such an opus!

@Aubrielle;
Congratulations for finishing your book. I remember when you first mentioned it a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom