IBbasic Last Beta Release

slowdive

Watcher
I could sure use some help beta testing before the official release if anyone has some spare time.

I posted IBbasic version 1.0.14 which should be the last beta version of IBbasic. Once all the bugs are found and fixed, I'll be able to release the first official (non-beta) version of IBbasic, yeah! :p

It is here at the NW Vault for PC:
https://neverwintervault.org/project/iceblink/other/tool/iceblink-basic-enginetoolset

and here on Google Play for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iceblinkengine.ibb.ibbasicjr

v1.0.14 release notes:
Code:
Release Notes for v1.0.14
BUG FIXES
-[Done] attacks seem to do at least 1 HP even when 100% resistance to the damage type
-[Done] items with CON bonus not adding (also missing mods in item editor)
-[Done] backstab not calculating correctly and need description for improved backstab
-[Done] animal companions/summons causing issues on party screen and convo party chat screen if in middle of player list
-[Done] large creatures not calculating AC bonus from adjacent allies correctly
-[Done] large creature pathfinding issues (overlapping each other at times)
-[Done] when exiting level up early, you are not able to go back and try to level up again to choose traits/spells
-[Done] when exiting the module, the area music keeps playing
-[Done] when returning to splash screen, the play button says "Loading…"
-[Done] when the trait table says no traits at a certain level, player is still able to select a trait.
-[Done] dispel magic isn't set to dispel greater mirror image, need to add to remove effect list
-[Done] missing fx for insect swarm
-[Done] need a better fx for stone skin
-[Done] after adding Players to "default player list" in module editor screen, they are not showing up in the game
-[Done] dimension door spell not working
-[Done] Player Editor doesn't show PC tokens when trying to change the token filename (shows creature tokens)
-[Done] changed the "On Hit Cast Spell" selection in the Creature Editor to use a drop down of spells instead of text editor
-[Done] fixed the Player Editor so that you can change an equipped item to "none" if you decide to remove an item from them.

GAME ENGINE
-[Done] show symbol when conversation available for companion
-[Done] show symbol on party screen when level up is available
-[Done] add mini buttons for summons under PC button on party screen that will bring up a message box with details on summon such as time left in group, attack value, defense value, HP, etc.
-[Done] Load/Save screen to have 10 save slots, one server save, and one autosave
-[Done] add ambient area sounds (loop only) and change area music to allow for a delay between plays

TOOLSET
-[Done] add tabs so that multiple convos, areas, and encounters can be open at the same time like in IB.
Lots of spells added for wizards, druids, clerics, paladins, and rangers (wizard shown below):
file.php

clicking on the token buttons of a summon/animal companion under the PC portraits will bring up their stats and remaining time in party.
file.php

There are now 10 save slots, plus one for a server save (easy to continue on any of your devices), and one autosave.
file.php

In the toolset, I also added the ability to quickly switch between open areas, encounters, and convos by tapping on the "A", "E", and "C" buttons seen on the right side of the viewport.
file.php

I made a basic trailer for IBbasic. I blew through my entire budget of $0 on it :p. Don't expect too much, but here it is…

I am planning on an Official Release date of November 19th, 2021. Hopefully some "streaming parties" and mini-module competition to come in December.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom