Witcher 3 Interesting stats

The Witcher 3
I thought I read somewhere that BGS doesn't officially announce sales figures for their games.

If they're depending on something that came from the mouth of Todd Howard, I can understand why some wouldn't be willing to fully trust the source. :)
What? Todd doesn't always tell the truth?! I'm shocked. ;)

I thought I read somewhere that BGS doesn't officially announce sales figures for their games.

If they're depending on something that came from the mouth of Todd Howard, I can understand why some wouldn't be willing to fully trust the source. :)
Seriously though, we could also doubt the other entries. I'm taking two at random:

For Tetris, they indicate 100 million units, but the referenced article states 100 million paid downloads on phones in 2010. That's probably why there's a huge difference in the other article linked by @Couchpotato, which claims 520 million units, including 425 million on mobiles in 2014. The 520 million number is on the Tetris 'about' page too.

And for RDR2, they link an article that's very vague about the sources and doesn't reference them.

I think that if they just give the value for Skyrim and give the source, people can make up their mind about the accuracy. It won't be less trustworthy than other entries.

Where are you getting that 67% finished the prologue but never got any further? Or am I reading that wrong?
OP's first post quotes 67% of players just finishing prologue.

Ah true. I somehow read it as 67% finished "just" prologue lol

Where are you getting that 67% finished the prologue but never got any further? Or am I reading that wrong?

Old quote lol! Long time since I touched the game but there was like one chapter (?) where you start. You did quests, went around did things, White Orchard maybe? Maybe it was a bit more of a prologue. Anyhow I never made it past the first chapter, first map, etc. I think I made it almost to the point of going to the next chapter/area so probably a bit more then 67%. The third time I played I set Roach on fire and realized I was simply never going to be competent like Geralt and much as I like him as a character I couldn't connect to "being" him in the game world (for many reasons). Beautiful game but not a game for me.

The third time I played I set Roach on fire
You...what? You can hurt your horse?

My experience with Roach is, she always throws me off and leave me to fend for myself. After monster is dead, I call her - she never appears the first time, I have to call her twice before she appears, giving me a resentful stare.

You...what? You can hurt your horse?

My experience with Roach is, she always throws me off and leave me to fend for myself. After monster is dead, I call her - she never appears the first time, I have to call her twice before she appears, giving me a resentful stare.

I think it was one of the signs you can make, I was using fire and didn't target right and hit Roach :p Something Geralt would never do. He is a competent bad-ass not an inept amateur :)

Back
Top Bottom