Isometric RPG - Tales from The Dancing Moon

Two things thanks for posting as I rarely see you do anymore. Two the game looks good kinda reminds me of Ultima and a bit of the Sim games. So thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

I really like the look but not sure I'd enjoy the gameplay. I generally get bored with crafting & large amounts of material gathering and prefer handcrafted content over procedural. My wife's a big Stardew Valley fan, so she had the opposite reaction; she'd probably enjoy it but finds the look too drab.

I think I'll check out the demo though.

Edit: Tried the demo. Couldn't get far into it because of the ridiculously large areas. You're supposed to find a list of NPCs and talk to them but this requires running through huge empty areas. Even the shop inexplicably has a long hallway before you get to the shopkeeper.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback @daveyd but remember this version is only a prototype demo as the developer wrote on the reddit thread. I'm sure it will improve in the next few months.

Thanks for the feedback @daveyd but remember this version is only a prototype demo as the developer wrote on the reddit thread. I'm sure it will improve in the next few months.

Of course, I expected it to be rough. For ex: you can't remap key bindings. No big deal for a demo. But damn, IMHO the massive areas make the thing unplayable in it's current form. This is a pet peeve of mine and I have that issue with lots of games and NWN modules too, though this demo may now be the worst case of Gigantic Empty Areas syndrome that I've ever seen.

Going through the reddit thread, I don't think the intention was to even release it in its current form, until a bunch of people asked for a playable demo. Now that it's out in the open, some constructive criticism will probably help it go somewhere appealing.

Back
Top Bottom