Jagged Alliance 3 - Showcase Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The showcase trailer for Jagged Alliance 3.

They took our home, our dream, our president! It's time to take it all back! In Jagged Alliance 3, you hire a team of unique mercenaries to rescue the president of Grand Chien, who was kidnapped by a paramilitary force known as "The Legion". Engage in intense battles and spend your action points wisely in strategic, turn-based combat. Use the environment and the strength of your mercenaries to gain an advantage over your enemies. Loot and customize an arsenal of weaponry and get the most out of your special perks to win the battle against "The Legion". Jagged Alliance 3 is coming to PC.
More information.

I'm liking a lot of what I am seeing. If it close to being as good as JA2 I will be a very happy man indeed.

Combat in the JA3 trailer is actually extremely similar to Jagged Alliance 1 and 2. Biggest difference is probably the big ass CrossHair. ^^

Btw, here is the new info I could get from the trailer:

New Characters: Grunty, Barry, Red, Raven, Omryn (new), Smiley (new)

Clear new Info:
Some Weapon Bonuses only apply on max aim
Morale implemented
Overwatch area range can be decided by player
Overwatch can be set up outside of combat
Overwatch can be triggered up to 3 times of max AP are used
Enemy get extra move when starting combat
This extra Move can trigger Overwatch
Multiple height levels (up to 3 were visible in trailer)
Projectiles can pass through enemies
Grenades have a "mishap chance"
Grenades cann destruct environment (not just at pre determined positions)

Unclear New Info:
Some kind of challenge showing in tactical view
0:30s shown during combat in the top
As you can attach lights on your weapons it's likely you got night missions in darkness
Neither the original trailer nor the new trailer features voice acting during combat, which makes is extremely unlikely that there will be voice-acting in the final game (outside of Intro and similar)

Differences to previous trailer:
Hit percentage no longer Shown
Weather display no longer shown on tactical map

Also did a Trailer Analysis, but that video is German only.
If you happen to understand German:
View: https://youtu.be/uf41hXLPzMo

They did show gameplay in the previous trailer already though, which is also where you could already see some differences between the versions (the Hitchance is not displayed anymore)

please, in the name of all the gods in the universe, don't fuck this game up developers!!
Instant buy if it is beyond decent!!

The gameplay looks really good. The story looks pretty bad. I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay is good enough to overcome that problem, but it sure ain't gonna help.

I'm surprised on the lack of information from the developer and publisher since this game was announced last year. There was one short update on Steam at least.

Sounded like development was stalled but seems to be back on track.

It "looks" great ...but what has killed the half-baked projects over the last decade+ has been the atrocious AI. Enemy movement and choices were on very limited display here.
The AI was the main issue in JA2 as well though. I killed 90% of the enemies on every map via interrupts haver having them lured into my "interruption-trap"

We'll see how it goes, I wont hold my breath but I'd be really happy if it turn out good.

My only minor nitpick is the name Grand Chien (Tall Dog). That sounds like a french name chosen by someone who doesn't speak french.

We'll see how it goes, I wont hold my breath but I'd be really happy if it turn out good.

My only minor nitpick is the name Grand Chien (Tall Dog). That sounds like a french name chosen by someone who doesn't speak french.
...or central africans who probably have a native tongue in addition to the official language of the country taken over from the colonizers. ;)

I would have translated it as big rather than tall. It also sounds better.

The combat does look good, but a bit too easy. Hopefully in the real game the enemies won't go down so quickly and be more of a challenge. But nice isometric graphics and gun variety for sure.

Looks promising - or at least better than the past few attempts to recapture the magic of JA2.

Back
Top Bottom