Jedi Fallen Order - Review/Retro @ TheOzzyJedi

Yeah, that may well be.
Perhaps I don't see the bigger picture, but when you have a product (especially an immaterial one) that no-one can afford you need to lower the price. It doesn't make sense to sit on it instead of using it to earn money, eben if it's less money than you want to get from it.

No one knows what has been going on behind the scenes. EA is definitely not the company to squander any money-making opportunities. There have been rumors of Star Wars games that have never been confirmed or debunked. No one knows what has been going on behind the curtains. It might as well have been the control freaks at Disney who cancelled some projects because they were not "family friendly" enough for Star Wars. Who knows?

As for the value of the Star Wars brand, well, I think Disney is already on track to devalue the franchise massively with all their spin-offs. They are turning this once AAA big screen movie franchise more and more into Netflix series fast food garbage all by themselves so yeah... the price should come crashing down hard in the not too distant future ;) .

However, and as already hinted at above, I believe there are other factors at play, too. Disney really are known to be control freaks and that is another question you have to ask yourself as a developer. Do you want to deal with all the bullshit and with a producer crawling up your ass over every little detail?
You're not exactly very free creatively when you are working on a Star Wars game. The game must fit within whatever vision Disney is having for the franchise at that time. It must be family friendly (no mature stuff/language etc.). It must be politically correct and inclusive. There are limitations left, right and center.

If I would be leading a dev studio then I'd either have to be really desperate for work (like Obsidian was before the MS acquisition) or Disney would have to make me an offer I can't refuse. Otherwise I would never want to deal with all the restrictive bullshit of working on a Star Wars game with Disney control freaks scrutinizing every little thing my team is working on. Thanks, but no thanks.

I uninstalled after maybe 2 minutes since I felt like I was playing a Tomb Raider reskin/clone.

I uninstalled after maybe 2 minutes since I felt like I was playing a Tomb Raider reskin/clone.

Well at least you gave it a great chance to show what it was....I mean 2 minutes, you showed them.

Yep, that was my first impression of the game. As I liked the Tomb Raider games since reboot and I like SW setting, I liked Fallen Order.
If you dislike games like Tomb Raider or SW, the game isn't for you.

Ahhh thanks then, the comparisons to Tomb Raider are all I'll need to steer clear of this game, then. While I quite enjoyed those types of games a few decades ago, they're not my cuppa these days, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom