JRPG for ps4: FF Vll remake or Persona 5 royal or Divinity 2?

Lanni

Traveler
I would like to start a new JRPG in ps4. Which one would your recommend the most? you can also suggest others.
I didn't play many jrpgs, i loved FFX, FF3, FF X-2. I hated FF Xll, Xlll and XV.
Thank you

I'd recommend these gems:
Dragon Quest XI: turn-based battles and a cute story to boot. Great production values.

Ni No Kuni series: see above

Persona 5: turn-based battles but beware: the story is quite dark. Excellent style and great game, but way too long.

Tales of Berseria: real-time battles and an interesting story. Perfect length.

… this should be plenty to get started :)

Also:
Divinity2 is not a jRPG, so it is best played on your PC (but plays all right on your PS4).
FF VII remake is highly subjective: personally, I didn't like, but there is a free demo, give it a try.

Personally, I loved FFVII Remake, did not like Persona 5 at all, and Divinity OS2 is not, as Duerer said, an JPRG. It's good, though.

I think i'm starting with Persona 5 or DQXl. thank you!

I feel like I should put in a plug for Trails of Cold Steel. The first three games are out on PS4, and the fourth one should be out by the end of the year. Turn-based, story is a bit anime but the world-building is fantastic.

I've played the first two Trails of Cold Steel games, and they are fantastic, just as good as the prior series is. I keep meaning to pick up the third game, will likely do so next time I catch it on a decent sale.

Back
Top Bottom