HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
King Arthur: Knight's Tale has been released today:

Launch Trailer - Fextralife Announcement

Knights,

The final day! 24 hours (give or take 1-2) remain! The full game will come out tomorrow on Steam, the plan is to update things around 7PM CEST.

A few notes:

The Kickstarter backer rewards will be distributed in the coming days (this might take a day or two), but you'll get everything you're eligible to via email, similar to the Steam keys. Make sure to check your account regularly, or if you lost access to it in the meantime, reach out to us over at support@neocoregames.com.

If you already added the game to your Steam library, the game will automatically update from Early Access to the full release when it is up. Restarting Steam could help if it is not updating.

Your Early Access save files most likely won't work for the full release. This is unfortunate, we know, and we're really sorry about it, but many things have changed in the whole game and old save files might break things quickly. We wouldn't recommend using old save files anyway, due to the amount of changes implemented - things break easily in game development.

We also have a few more cool things and announcements in our pockets:

We're happy to share with you that Cas from Fextralife will be voicing Sir Lancelot in Knight's Tale!
You might know Fextralife from their amazing wikis, guide, YouTube and Twitch channels, and you'll be able to meet Cas in Avalon too.

We have a new trailer,
just in time for the release, the folks over at IGN have it. You can watch it here:

Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

I love the opening cinematic's. The game itself also has a great dark fantasy atmosphere.

Last edited:
Defend earth from aliens…err…rebuild Camelot.

120GB install size. How can that be possible. Mom, I accidentally zipped up my entire SSD and sold it as a game - shut down my credit card. How do you out do the already bloated as heck XCOM2 install? Overachievement of this nature is not called for. :/

Looks decent. Wish there was a demo. More youtube viewing queued up.

120GB install size.

That's utterly ridiculous.

I'm not completely shocked though. Neocore has a history of making bloated games. Their final version of Van Helsing is 40GB, and that's back in 2015. Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor is 75-80GB.

120 GB?? Did they forget to compress the cinematics?

Is it what it actually occupies on the disk or only a theoretical requirement? Maybe it takes half the space, but they took a margin for the update process.

They seem aware it raised a few eyebrows:
Our team took note of every comment regarding the current storage size requirement and we will take steps in the coming period to decrease it once again, at least moderately. I will keep you all updated here about how the process goes (it needs to be tested first before we implement the changes but we are on it).

Yeah, they said on their discord that they'll revise their file compression so as to address the constant complains about the (admittedly) huge GB size... and then I wouldn't be surprised to have people whining about longer mission loading times as a consequence.

I'm a bit more annoyed, personnally, by the excessive blurriness brought by the environmental effects on the adventure map. But a dev' said that he/she will forward that to the 'team' and we might get an option to disable it, and the really heavy handed temporal anti-aliasing or somesuch.

Anyway, I tried the EA game before, and liked it a LOT, and while the developers did a rebalance pass or two, I still find the game too easy in the first 3-4 tactical missions and then absurdly crashing back the player's ego to reality by a crazy and sudden rise in difficulty. Supposedly, you can change the difficulty setting in a a campaign, but that option occasionally disappears for me a a few other people... hopefully that a bug will be addressed by a coming patch.

I find that the game is slow to give you further tactical options, btw... so don't get the wrong idea about it's potential from only the earlier battles. It's not as simple as it initially seems. IMHO and all that.

It's really a good game, and I hope that it will get some dlc further down the line.

Is it all as... dark and grey as it seems from videos?

I'm keen to play this. I love the look of it and gameplay videos have looked pretty good to me... but I only just booted up Cyberpunk for the first time this weekend, so this will have to wait for a while.

The bloat wouldn't normally bother me but this is a game I might try on my Steam Deck (if it runs there) - and that would eat up a lot of space. Maybe there's 2 or 3 other hidden games in that download? =)

Is it all as… dark and grey as it seems from videos?

Well, you are basically playing on a Island hidden in Fog from the Saga turning into foggy graveyard. So...yeah...pretty grey-ish. ^^
Don't expect any bright colors in the game. It's pretty much the setting (same as Fallout being brownish)

I'm keen to play this. I love the look of it and gameplay videos have looked pretty good to me… but I only just booted up Cyberpunk for the first time this weekend, so this will have to wait for a while.

The bloat wouldn't normally bother me but this is a game I might try on my Steam Deck (if it runs there) - and that would eat up a lot of space. Maybe there's 2 or 3 other hidden games in that download? =)

I checked the game files and it looks like it's the terrain which is so bloated. So my guess is that they are using some extremely highly detailed terrain textures which might also store other information in them.

I tried it out, but ended up refunding. I'm a big TB strategy game fan, but I guess for $40 I was expecting more. And the 120 GB install did not help.
Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters drops in one week - I really hope that one is a keeper.

The more I play, the more I like it and I am positively surprised. The tactical combat is actually quite challenging and I also unlocked the castle and some buildings and it's a bit deeper than you might expect. Same goes for the choices which are also interesting as the "good" isnt actually good but lawful...but still kind of bad. ^^
Like the very first town leaves you the choice of being good: Having everyone killed, as this is justice ("good" choice), or give the people a second chance and use their workforce ("evil" choice).
Also the game seems to lean heavily towards having characters tied to your choices. Depending on your alignment you unlock different characters of maybe 10 or so available just in this "tree" thing. And you actually unlock missions.

I actually just found out that by another decision in the game I didnt get one character. I will redo a bit there because that additional character early on can give quite a bit of boost, but it's somewhat cool to have these choices.

My guess is that this is also a game which really offers itself for replayability, much more than most other games of that kind.

Well, you are basically playing on a Island hidden in Fog from the Saga turning into foggy graveyard. So…yeah…pretty grey-ish. ^^
Don't expect any bright colors in the game. It's pretty much the setting (same as Fallout being brownish)

The art style and color palette are typical of Neocore. They seem to love making dark and gritty worlds.

Is there an exploration aspect to the game or do you just go where the missions are? Also, it's completely hand-crafted, right? No procedural generation I hope.

I tried it out, but ended up refunding. I'm a big TB strategy game fan, but I guess for $40 I was expecting more. And the 120 GB install did not help.
Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters drops in one week - I really hope that one is a keeper.
Thanks for mentioning this. Didn't know it was coming. Looks good too.

The art style and color palette are typical of Neocore. They seem to love making dark and gritty worlds.

Is there an exploration aspect to the game or do you just go where the missions are? Also, it's completely hand-crafted, right? No procedural generation I hope.

The game got no exploration. You can only explore within the zones which is kinda limited. Maybe a treasure chest here and there which you might miss, but thats it.

You go from mission to mission, you just have a minimal choice in what mission to do next.

And yeah, everything hand-crafted afaik.

There has been a patch today already with several requested features.

Now you an disable the grain. Also you got a key now for quicksave and quickload.
Overwatch can be cancelled and a couple of other things.

Really cool that they patch that quickly.

The game got no exploration. You can only explore within the zones which is kinda limited. Maybe a treasure chest here and there which you might miss, but thats it.

You go from mission to mission, you just have a minimal choice in what mission to do next.

And yeah, everything hand-crafted afaik.

Thanks. It sounds like it's more about strategy than role-playing. I really like the overall style though so I'll pick it up at some point.

Yeah, there is definitely story within the missions, character progression and all that, but the main focus is combat.
I would compare it with Blackguards, Expeditions: Conquistador/Vikings or maybe Legends of Eisenwald

Though Blackguards was more of a Puzzle Game which I heavily disliked as the combat in there was extremely focused and your options massively limited. And Expeditions Conquistador and Legends of Eisenwald have a bit more of a Heroes of Might and Magic element than King Arthur which goes more into the direction of Darkest Dungeon, where you have your main City which you can expand (and which is not just a useless gimmick as in Wasteland/Pillars of Eternity/Queens Wish, but offers actually interesting choices)

Back
Top Bottom