Kingdom Come - 5 Million Copies sold

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Kingdom Come: Deliverance sold 5 million copies - solve a quest for a Henry Diorama Figurine:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Sold 5 million Copies on all platforms combined

Roll out the barrels, prepare your tankards and tell us your best stories... it is time to celebrate!

What started as an ambitious Kickstarter Project in 2014 quickly grew to become a global success story - we even have our own KCD soap bar after all!

But seriously... thank you!!! You are part of millions of fans and family that not only made this entire project happen, but you also embodied Henry over the years - solving various quests, roaming the beautiful landscape of medieval Bohemia and arguing with ol' Kunesh!

To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away 5 beautiful Henry Diorama Figurines. To get your hands on these beautiful collectors items you have to complete a simple quest. The rules are easy: Tell us about your favorite KCD moment, how you found out about the game, or any other KCD story you want to share in a short comment on Twitter or Facebook, or just down below here on Steam.

The best stories from each platform (Steam, Twitter, and Facebook) will be selected under the father Godwins supervision, and will have a chance to win.
Comment on each platform to triple your chances... (old Charlatan trick ).

Entry deadline will be the 7th of July and shortly after we'll announce the winners!

Thank you for your loyalty and friendship!

Your Warhorse Studios Team
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Yeah, there is no need to min/max. The only part I would say it is useful to focus on is getting up lock picking to around 5 skill. That is the point where it becomes far easier if you want to pursue a life of crime! (which I highly recommend). Everything else you should just play as you would i.e. focus on quests, tournaments, exploring etc. If you just do this you will end up close to max in everything anyway!!

I consider the mod that lets you save anywhere without potions as mandatory unless you are playing on the max difficulty/realism setting. The game does have bugs and loosing 3 hours of progress because you didn't have enough saves can kill your enjoyment - it happened to me multiple times. The other mod that was mandatory for me was adding crosshairs to archery. If you have any form of vision issue the archery is just too frustrating to bear. This one isn't really a mod as you just have to edit the internal config file.

One other thing I have to mention is that there are some timed quests in the game. Make a note of the timed quests so you can avoid frustration if you are the kind of person who doesn't like getting a bad outcome because you took too long - there are MANY distractions in KcD so it is easy for this to happen.

Worst mele combat of any rpg, twitchy - clunky as hell, like devs didn't know why the mouse was invented in the first place, but the rest of it is good.

I would say that makes the difference between those 5 mill and that of a witcher 3 at 40 mill.

Last edited:
I consider the mod that lets you save anywhere without potions as mandatory unless you are playing on the max difficulty/realism setting. The game does have bugs and loosing 3 hours of progress because you didn't have enough saves can kill your enjoyment - it happened to me multiple times.

Why would the difficulty setting matter in regards to using that mod?

Worst mele combat of any rpg, twitchy - clunky as hell, like devs didn't know why the mouse was invented in the first place, but the rest of it is good.

I would say that makes the difference between those 5 mill and that of a witcher 3 at 40 mill.

I have yet to play KCD, but from what I heard about the game till now, the combat is supposed to be one of highlights. The developers supposedly put lots of effort to make it "realistic" simulation of melee combat. It should be intentionally designed in such way to simulate how hard it actually is to cover from incoming attacks and it should be super hard to fight more then one enemy at once. As opposed to combat in games like Witcher 3, etc. , which I personally find boring after spending some time with game. i was looking forward to play this - it would be really bad surprise for me to find combat so twitchy and clunky as hell.

Perhaps I recall wrong, but after they introduced save & exit, I found the limited save possibility do the game more immersive. Some of the sneaky/grindy guests (such as the monastery one) were great because saving all the time was not possible. Yeah, the bugs were annoying.

EDIT: Regarding the combat: I liked it better than TW3 for instance. As Andrew23 says, it was designed to be more realistic than the fantasy game combats.

Last edited:
Even so, I prefer being able to save whenever I want, I don't like leaving the computer with a resource-intensive game running for nothing when I'm called away.

They added "save & quit" for that as far as I recall (or perhaps it was a mod). I *hate* games which you can't quit whenever you want without losing progress...

Congratulations as five million sales for a niche game like this is a success, and many said a historical RPG wouldn't sell. Well guess what they were wrong again.

As for combat yeah they wanted to stimulate what fighting in real life would feel like. I believe there are a few videos showing how they hired professionals for mo-cap.

I agree though if gets bothersome, and requires the player to figure out how to use different keys with timed precision. Probably a huge turnoff for some players as well.

The entire realism aspect gets bothersome as well as you get dirty real fast. So I suggest a few cheat mods to allow easy cleaning, or slow down the rate of dirtying.

The entire realism aspect gets bothersome as well as you get dirty real fast. So I suggest a few cheat mods to allow easy cleaning, or slow down the rate of dirtying.

Yeah, behind all the rosy fantasy of medieval times, there's the harsh and stinking reality of it. :lol: I noticed that the characters in A Plague Tale were dirty too, but they're too busy with rats to take the time and wash.

I think I followed KCD on and off since shortly after the KS campaign conclusion, I just dropped out at some point when R/L started to become too demanding. In many blogs and videos it was clear they wanted to show something real and physical, which I liked a lot. They even visited medieval-like locations like castles and monasteries to borrow ideas of architecture for the game. Some of the devs look pretty much IC most of the time, too. ;)

Why would the difficulty setting matter in regards to using that mod?

The highest difficulty setting has a lot of really annoying things, like no fast travel and not showing your location on the map, and the default save system fits in well with them. The kind of person who likes to ride 20+ times between the same towns would have no problem spending 5 minutes to brew a bunch of potions just so they can save their game! It just feels like cheating if you opt for the hardest difficult and then mod it to make it easier - but I guess it is very subjective. I think Warhorse did make a big mistake making such a frustrating save system on the difficulty level that most people would play on.

The regular difficulty is far more accessible apart from the save system. I did try the hardest setting but I just found it less fun.

I have yet to play KCD, but from what I heard about the game till now, the combat is supposed to be one of highlights. The developers supposedly put lots of effort to make it "realistic" simulation of melee combat. It should be intentionally designed in such way to simulate how hard it actually is to cover from incoming attacks and it should be super hard to fight more then one enemy at once. As opposed to combat in games like Witcher 3, etc. , which I personally find boring after spending some time with game. i was looking forward to play this - it would be really bad surprise for me to find combat so twitchy and clunky as hell.
Well not the case for me like i said one of the worst i seen if not the worst.
I would say the realism is at best same as M&B more or less so called realistc..

The difference is one has clunky - janky combat and interface - controls the other one doesn't not. anyway wish you good luck with it. I really liked the rest of the game but combat killed it for me maybe if i had a controller it would be better, anyway clearly we have different tastes.

For me controls and UI - input is just horrible and i know i'm not alone cos you have threads all over the internet about it not the case for witcher 3 controls, ui and combat are fine. Realism is a different matter all together…

Last edited:
...clearly we have different tastes.

Possible, different people, different tastes. Getting bit of Gothic controls/combat discussion vibes now :)

Anyway, while I prefer controller when playing 3rd person view action games, where combat is mostly melee oriented (Dark Souls) , I never play 1st person games that way. So I will stick with m+k in case of KcD.

I'm playing it right now and love it!

Yes, combat is different but once you get the gist of it you start looking for opportunities to use it :))
Also don't forget this is a medieval sim of a peasant, you need to learn stuff to get good, you're not the dragonborn of whatever.

Also, there are mods for everything and easy to setup and merge together if u ever moded games.

I really hope they make another one...

Combat is tough. Both archery and melee but I would say archery is even more difficult.

M&B is fairly simplistic fun, not too far from Skyrim. KCD combats are much more challenging where you have to deal with quick attack, long attack, attack direction and combo. Add to this that you start as fairly weak. You are the son of a smith who got very little training as a kid so even fighting street thugs can be pretty challenging (not to mention those cuman soldiers you meet early in the game, but you aren't supposed to fight them!).

So yes, combat can be pretty challenging and even frustrating, when you begin. But if you persevere, spend some time with the trainer, it can get really fun and rewarding.

The combat certainly is tough, no bones about that. It took me a good while to get to where I could proceed, and I don't think I ever took any fight lightly. That battle in the tower took me a few times to get through. I'm not sure I'll ever replay the game, yet the time I spent with it was a lot of fun, the exploration factor was high with this one.

Back
Top Bottom