Kingdom Come - Photorealistic Mod: Apex ENB

I wonder what the system requirements are. Even without any mods, KCD is already a beast of a game on high settings.

I wonder what the system requirements are. Even without any mods, KCD is already a beast of a game on high settings.

Mod says it is very performance friendly. But I guess you will have to test for yourself.

guess a replay is in order. truly a great game with a vibe of being a real medieval knight..

I'm not sure I'll ever replay the game myself, yet I admit this version is beyond gorgeous. And would probably give my computer absolute fits. -p

Mod says it is very performance friendly. But I guess you will have to test for yourself.

Yeah, "performance friendly" is kind of vague though.

It mentions ray tracing. Does that mean it requires an RTX series card or AMD equivalent?

Not trying to be a killjoy with what my take is, but here goes: Overall, it is beautiful -- with one exception. As a painter, the blue of the sky, in my opinion, is off. It is too warm of a blue. The vanilla sky [no pun intended] is a truer sky blue and cooler in tone. The mod's blue is more of a warmer, cerulean blue and the original is a cooler ultramarine blue.
All through the video, the sky kept distracting me from the rest of the scene.

I've been tempted by KCD a few times, and now that WolfheartFPS is doing a live series on it I'm tempted again. I'm wary of the performances though, so if I'll buy it I'll keep the non-modded version, which looks great. Maybe when I find it in a sale.

It's quite a few mods & ReShade. Here's his link to Nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/867

That looks like the first version they did before the one linked in the first post, was it intended?

I would pay top dollar to have this game be set in a fantasy universe. I loved Kingdom Come but while playing I was thinking how cool it would be to explore dungeons and caves in this game.

Someone mod that now :)

Perfect game-Kingdome Come graphics in the Gothic universe. Drool!!

I would pay top dollar to have this game be set in a fantasy universe. I loved Kingdom Come but while playing I was thinking how cool it would be to explore dungeons and caves in this game.

indeed, drool...

Yep - when I see a tower, I feel that should really have a nice wizard modded into it. :p

I always thought the game could be a great platform for doing total conversions, like Enderal. I think part of the problem is that it took a long time after release to get the proper mod tools out, which might have lost the impetus a bit. I'd love to see it, though.

It is also very restrictive with a set protagonist. Combine with lack of fantasy and that might be why mods for it haven't been as popular.

Add in fantasy and the ability to play anyone you want and I would have been all over it myself. But no interest in set protagonist in a non-fantasy world.

I finished all of the Elder Scrolls games, even the obscure ones. I just couldnt get to the middle of Oblivion and Skyrim. I Dont know why but that 2 games bored me(Dragon Age Inquisition (barely scratched the game) and Fallout 4 (Idem) are in the same category). All in all, is this game similar to the ones I mentioned or should I give it a go?

I finished all of the Elder Scrolls games, even the obscure ones. I just couldnt get to the middle of Oblivion and Skyrim. I Dont know why but that 2 games bored me(Dragon Age Inquisition (barely scratched the game) and Fallout 4 (Idem) are in the same category). All in all, is this game similar to the ones I mentioned or should I give it a go?

It's a lot different and is story heavy. You play as a set person and the world really makes you feel like you are in the middle ages. Combat takes some time to get used to and get good at it. It's a great game and is unique. Very nice to look at also with top-of-the-line graphics.

I think the whole point of KCD was that it wasn't fantasy. Throw in magic and dungeons and then it becomes just another open-world fantasy RPG which we already have a plethora of.

Not that I don't agree that a fantasy game using CryEngine is begging to be made.

That really is stunning. The game was already beautiful, but wow, I'm impressed! I should do a replay of this at some point.

I could never a find a good ENB preset that fit any game I played. Some of the best ones are not performance friendly. Much better to make your own, but easier to download.

Back
Top Bottom