HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted a new patch for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning:

A new patch is launched on all platforms today

The changelog is as follows:

• When cheating Maisie in the Lucky Charm side quest, the 'all sidequests' achievement wouldn't unlock. Fixed the unlock in this case
  • Maisie Calhoun now quest essential during the quest
  • Aurora borealis in the crownhold would not be on/off correctly after sleeping
  • Fix for Dolan Hardy could die during the quest, blocking the quest
  • Godric Payne could have two permits
  • Fix for in the A Preordained Encounter side quest the objective does not update when the hero
  • steals Lyenna's necklace from Dramil Frink
  • Fix for in the Of Life and Death side quest if the key from Roadside Shack is looted before receiving
  • the "Search the abandoned house" objective the quest progress will be blocked
  • Fix for The Preordained from False Prophets side quest can kill quest-related NPCs
  • Fix for In the Preparations side quest the SFX of the quest is being played in a loop upon delivering Ale
  • Fix for Playing Crownhold side quest - Michaela Vogel cannot be convinced to attend the concert until speaking with other citizens first
  • Fix for In the Crucible main quest the Hope of the Fatesworn Greaves are not received after closing the Chaos Dungeon from Decayed Estate
  • Fix for Of Life and Death Quest The quest-related NPC disappears when attempting to approach him in The Westroad
  • Fix for The title might crash upon going back to the "Press Any Button" screen and briefly selecting the "Manual" option before loading a Fatesworn DLC Save-File
  • Fix for The quest will not be set as "Failed" if the Hero is killing the quest-related NPC
  • Quality of Life fixes for the Sagecrafting screen
  • Position of one of the boggart 'levers' corrected so it can be interacted with
  • Fix for players who could lose all their alchemy recipes during "Outcast's Revenge" (including imperfect retroactive fix for bugged savegames)
  • Several cosmetic fixes
More information.

Ratings are pretty high on Steam.

I'm pretty sure there's too many better games to play than this.

Ratings are pretty high on Steam.

Not that high really. Overall, it has a 74% positive rating. Not terrible, but better than it deserves imo.

I'm not surprised though. It has the type of mindless gameplay that's popular among a lot of mainstream gamers.

It definitely had potential and seems like it should be good... Unfortunately I just found it boring and lost interest pretty fast.

I really loved the house of Ballads quest in the beginning. The game then tanked and became a mindless grinder soon thereafter.

Still wondering how a turd like this got a re-master, while so many great old games still sit untouched.

Still wondering how a turd like this got a re-master, while so many great old games still sit untouched.
It's simple really…

The IP was bought for pennies by Embracer Group formerly THQ Nordic, and it's easy to take someone else's work put some new paint on it and resell it again.

They at least fixed more bugs and released a new expansion. Heck it sold well enough that former employees of closed 38 Studios were finally paid some back pay.

So yeah it was successful in some ways at least.:lol:

Imagine the money they could make if they spent their time remastering a non-turd instead :lol:

Well one mans turd is another's treasure or "Wish in one hand, shit in the other.":biggrin:

I think the enhancement of this version is not just visual but at the system level (I think one of the things they reworked is the level scaling to address the major critisim of fights being too easy).

Back
Top Bottom