Kingmaker - Companion Romances

I don't subscribe to that logic. If a mob is well designed and challenging, then I don't consider it a trash mob. Ideally I want every fight to be well designed and challenging.

In Baldurs Gate 2, you can roll over 90% of mobs with a solo character. The only fights that are interesting and require some strategy are setpiece boss battles.

Also a relevant fact: The vast majority of players do not finish RPGs over 30 hours long. You can prove this to yourself by looking at the completion rates of any RPG on steam.

Bad fact that developers and publishers use to continue to make crap products.

Completion does not equal enjoyment. Its virtually irrelevant (unless the person is very ocd and MUST complete something or they die).

If less than 25% of gamers finish RPGs over 30 hours long, that sends a message to developers that quality is more important than length. Which I agree with.

I don't subscribe to that logic. If a mob is well designed and challenging, then I don't consider it a trash mob. Ideally I want every fight to be well designed and challenging.

In Baldurs Gate 2, you can roll over 90% of mobs with a solo character. The only fights that are interesting and require some strategy are setpiece boss battles.
You can solo if you know which characters are good for that and you know what enemy can throw at your (because you played the game already).
Any game is easy once you know it well. This is not a valid argument.

Games should people balanced around people understanding the system. There are plenty of D&D games that I find challenging. Baldurs Gate 2 is just pathetically easy to anyone with the most surface level understanding of D&D.

And whatever the case, I still think it's absurd to claim trash mobs are a good thing.

I too generally agree that games have different sweet spots for different people however in my experience if a game is going beyond 70+ hours then chances are they are adding fillers…

There was a time I was happy with 100+ hours as sweet spots but as I grow older and played mroe games certain elements becomes boring.

I hear you. Hopefully the game is designed that we can sniff out the good and interesting (for us individually) quests and ignore the ones we don't like, while still completing the game in a reasonable time if we choose. I doubt it will take 100 hours to actually complete unless we're really talking about a new Baldur's Gate type of RPG here (which, I'd like as a change of pace. Lots of short RPGs around now I'd like something I can really sink myself into, explore different character combinations and more.) And of course it could take 100 if you're doing everything, which probably won't be necessary.

Games should people balanced around people understanding the system. There are plenty of D&D games that I find challenging. Baldurs Gate 2 is just pathetically easy to anyone with the most surface level understanding of D&D.

And whatever the case, I still think it's absurd to claim trash mobs are a good thing.
I am pretty sure if you just picked a normal Fighter in Bg2 and went solo with him, you would get destroyed in almost every battle that had spellcasters on other side.
A person with no experience with Bg2 will not know that you need a Berserker or Barbarian to solo stuff with non casters. Or he will not know where you can get anti magic potions, cloak of reflection and other such fun items.

On the other hand if you decided to solo BG1 with a wizard without playing the game before that, you would be completely destroyed for a long while. I doubt many people choose Sleep as one of the only two spells they can know at start. And even with that spell, it is incredibly hard to survive if you don't know the game and have not played it before.

Don't care either but if you want samples of what not to do just look at BioWare.

mass-effect-andromeda-ugly-females.jpg

Or go play Dragon Age 2 again.

ehe4m0l4isny.png

Anyway the romance in this game is similar to Baldur's Gate 2.

Lol common' Couch, are we quoting Luzarius here? :p

Lol common' Couch, are we quoting Luzarius here? :p
What??? Tell me truthfully that the Asari Peebee , and female lead in Mass Effect Andromeda are not ugly. Also remember everyone was Bi-sexual in Dragon Age 2.

Edit: Yes way off-topic but care.;)

Mass Effect 3

Mass-Effect-3-Omega-Aria.jpg.optimal.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Mass Effect Andromeda

SaraRyder-MassEffectAndromedaromances.jpg

snaps-mass-effect-andromeda-about-e3-2016-on-ignrzjpg-bf66d7_1280w.jpg

To give BioWare credit they finally updated one of them in a patch.

bryRHOX.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding backlog, I still have to go through POE I , because it's still so dark at the beginning that I only want to play it when it is dark in the room also, plus it has such an depressive mood in the beginning that I look carefully when I might be able to allow myself this mood. I just don't want to get dragged down.

Regarding backlog, I still have to go through POE I , because it's still so dark at the beginning that I only want to play it when it is dark in the room also, plus it has such an depressive mood in the beginning that I look carefully when I might be able to allow myself this mood. I just don't want to get dragged down.

It IS very dark in the beginning, but it gets better. Never light hearted though, except if you bring Hiravias along. That alone is enough to make him a mandatory party member.

PoE2 strikes a better balance for me.

When I stopped to think about it, The Deadfire is as grim and depressing as the first game. You just don't notice it as well because everything is so bright and colorful, and there's significantly more comic relief.

When I stopped to think about it, The Deadfire is as grim and depressing as the first game. You just don't notice it as well because everything is so bright and colorful, and there's significantly more comic relief.

Exactly, that's what I meant. The tone is still pretty dark and the reality of the Deadfire is still grim, but the increased humour added in the companion banters and the cheerful colours make it a lot less depressing as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom