Kingmaker - Steam Page Up

D&D allows a variety of approaches to overcoming a problem and involves intrinsic creativity.

There have always been much better systems for this. The last edition was a step in the right direction, but it still sucks compared to most other P&P games.

It's not a pre-conceived judgement though.

I know about Pathfinder combat. I know about the Stolen Lands. I even know about the story and characters since they're directly based on the Pathfinder adventure books.

These are things I already know about, which is how I know they'll be bad in the videogame. Even worse since everything will be more limited than the P&P version.

Sure, you might as well say NWN2 and ToEE plays the exact same way since they both use D&D 3.5 edition :rolleyes:

Its all about implementation. You ask people who are experts at certain subject to give a spill about it - I assure you, the way they talk about the subject will vary and thats what makes difference for listners. Apply that same logic, replace the subject --> game, speaker --> developer, and listener --> gamers

Since you brought it up, that's another problem I have with this game. The only thing that sounds worse than Pathfinder is RTwP Pathfinder.

@Silver Coin;

What other settings are you thinking of? I am a fan of GURPS for single character CRPGs at least, considering Fallout is basically that.

The Numenera setting was supposedly set up for creativity, but the setting itself is too loosey goosey, anything goes. Good PnP settings have some hard restrictions and allow creativity within those margins. That whole Torment game should of been set in the Bloom to allow it some focus.

I know, but get with the times. 3rd edition D&D wasn't even that good back then.
D&D 3.5 in Temple of Elemental Evil, or even NWN2, was better than any system I've seen in any isometric RPG since. Only thing that could even hang is D:OS1, before they blew everything up in D:OS2. What would you prefer instead? Are you just wanting D&D 5?

Edit: AoD's system in Dungeon Rats could also hang with ToEE imo.

Last edited:
Since you brought it up, that's another problem I have with this game. The only thing that sounds worse than Pathfinder is RTwP Pathfinder.
Well that subject that will never be solved.

I did a short poll for two weeks a few years back.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25742&highlight=RTwP+Poll

Anyone remember the Torment: Tides of Numenera poll and the backlash from fans?

Link - https://www.destructoid.com/torment-fans-vote-for-turn-based-combat-in-numenera-267173.phtml

I actually like RTwP, but D&D and Pathfinder obviously weren't designed for it.

I laughed when I saw Chien was going on about u-go i-go. Some things never change.
His latest punchline is everyone streams nowadays.:biggrin:

Don't touch my Chien. He makes this site so much funnier :)

He's certainly got a bit of your style :)

You've both got a bit of "my perception is your reality" thing going.

It adds flavor.
Nah, he is special. I am just bored so I shitpost a bit more for fun :D

It is not my problem you all are too easy to get worked up over your favorite games :p

A great philosopher once said that all arguments are pointless

Read the Symposion by Lukian ! :lol:

Personally, I supported Pathfinder : Kingmaker not because of its graphics style, but rather because I was so sick of the big boys dominating the RPG genre. I wanted to see something new, something fresh on the PC, and I didn't remember Pathfinder being ported to the PC yet.

By the way, as a side-note, it's totally open when we'll see the first TDE 5th edition C-RPG. An official on the RPC in May just couldn't say, because it wasn't his department.

I'm certainly interested in seeing a proper D&D (Yes, it's the same thing) CRPG.

The character generator looks like one of my wet dreams.

That said, I'm a little worried about the actual game. But I'm getting it for sure.

I'm a little annoyed that all these delightful throwbacks don't include one of the most important features of the Infinity games, though - which would be coop multiplayer.

Last edited:
The character generator looks like one my my wet dreams.

QyRCZ87.gif

Taste matters I guess… I want Yakuza 0 brothel character creator instead.

And of course, no mmoing is a plus in my world.

I'm curious which ones you feel look worse?

Worse:
1, 3 from the HPG spoiler. (can't put my finger on the reason, probably a lack of cohesion.)
2 from the LPG spoiler. (come on... really?)

Better:
probably 2, 7 from the HPG spoiler.

Incomparable: The rest. Some (e.g., 1 and 3) from the LPG list look pretty cliche to me. Not badly done, but nothing "outstanding".

Back
Top Bottom