Last game(s) you bought

Yeah, I got D4 on Battle.net. But about the never gonna happen, it just might if they manage to acquire them.

About other purchases, man what a bunch of bastards Ubisoft are.
I had purchased Anno 1800 just before it was taken off Steam, and then they only had the base + deluxe version (which includes some extra campaign).
Then in the mean time BlueByte release 4 year's worth of content. 4 season passes for each year.
Now they returned to Steam, discounting the complete package (base + deluxe + 4 years of passes (but just not every content pack, because why not nickel and dime for a few misc packs)).
And the discounted "complete" package is cheaper than buying the individual passes separately (of course).
So, it was actually cheaper for me to remove the game I bought initially from my Steam account, and rebuy the complete package again.
Fucking hell, what a bunch of greedy fucks. They knew what they were doing.
It's insane how common place it's become to cut up a game's content, into a little pieces as possible.

Not sure what you mean there. If who acquires them? Blizzard is already part of Activision.
If Microsoft acquires Activision/Blizzard. I don't think they'd have any reason to keep those only on Battle.net.
No more than they'd have a reason to move everything to Battle.net.

But apparently it's getting complicated, with MS now needing to resolve a legal dispute with the FTC.
I'm really curious as to how it will go. It'll surely be a definite test on whether the state has any teeth left. It surely had most of them pulled out.
Normally I'd definitely be against this sort of further consolidation. But in this case, I think Microsoft would be a better steward of Acti/Blizzard's IPs.
At least until they gain more and more monopoly power.

Time loader on GOG during the recent black week sale / insomnia sale. It looks like a fun little platformer.

steam sale is on so ...
Mortal Shell | Mortal Shell: The Virtuous Cycle | Life is Strange 2 - Episode 5 | Life is Strange 2 - Episode 4 | Wasteland 3 | Life is Strange 2 - Episode 3 | Life is Strange 2 - Episode 2 | Dragon Age™ Inquisition | UNDYING

I bought Pentiment and just started playing it. It's enjoyable enough so far but certainly not my normal cup of tea. There are plenty of choices but I'm just not sure how much of an impact they are having yet. Mayabe by day 3-4 of the game it gets more meaningful.

So far this holiday period I got:
Elden Ring
Darkest Dungeon II
Death Stranding Director's Cut upgrade (to upgrade the free standard version from Epic)
The Surge 2 season pass

Also, bought for the kids:
ZERO Sievert (kinda like a 2D Stalker - my son is taking an interest in Stalker stuff lately)
Life is Strange 2 complete bundle

Last edited:
Just bought Duke Nukem Forever a few days ago on Steam sale. I plan to mod it a bit with Duke Nukem forever Enhanced, which I came across on Moddb.

It's about time. You took forever to buy it.
Actually....you jest, but I could have sworn that I'd already bought it years ago, when it first (finally )surfaced......but blowed if I can find it anywhere in my collection.....hence the re-buy........ (y)

Midnight Suns - while I was unhappy with parts of the ending (which I am slowly accepting and getting over) it was my best game played for the last 5 years next to C2077. Even better than WOTR for me. It lacks repeatability though, being a very story driven game with a lot of dialogue. For combat fans I can see the appeal of replaying but for those of us who like the story and companion aspects once you know all that less fun to go through again ... although I most likely will eventually.

Debating getting Gotham Nights for more super hero fun. In the meantime replaying C2077 and some other games.

Well, not "bought" exactly, as it didn't cost me anything, but I just picked up the Mass Effect Legendary edition on PS5 because it's one of their PS Plus free games of the month. Now I'm contemplating playing it out of nowhere.

Maybe a year or two ago, I finally bought all the Mass Effect DLC and tried to start a replay of the series. I originally played through all three games without playing any of the DLC. I made it maybe halfway through the first game and my enthusiasm petered out (partly because the first game is my least favorite).

I didn't have any interest in this "legendary" remaster because I don't care about remasters. But now I'm curious, and thinking about trying to continue that replay I started way back when.

Back
Top Bottom