Last game(s) you bought

Dead Space

I've always been a huge fan of of the original, but I held off getting the remake until now because I wasn't sure if the price was justified. At 70% off during the current sale, I finally bit. It's too bad a remake of the sequel doesn't seem likely.

Outward, 5 bucks on Steam currently. When this initially launched, forumites were labeling this a clunky AA Skyrim and so I ignored it. They have practically nothing in common.

Last edited:
Since GOG's summer sale started, I said what the hell:
Crusader Kings 2, Crysis & Warhead, Mount & Blade 2.

I played a little of Crusader Kings 3, and it's pretty special. But that's not available on gog.
But having watched a funny review of CK2, I think it's also pretty cool looking.
The youtuber played a bunch of the death sounds. Jesus.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEMEhkQgptc

Last edited:
Saw two reviews of Still Wakes the Deep, and it sounds exactly like my jam. I'll also buy anything remotely similar to SOMA.
I probably won't get to it for a long time, but it sounds exactly like the sort of game worth supporting. Lovecraftian-horror. Gimme!
Fwiw, I tried it and wasn't impressed. It's an extremely linear walking simulator with QTEs. I played a little over an hour and uninstalled it. I think it's way overpriced for what it is.

Fwiw, I tried it and wasn't impressed. It's an extremely linear walking simulator with QTEs. I played a little over an hour and uninstalled it. I think it's way overpriced for what it is.
Did you also happen to try SOMA? Just to see if our tastes align on this.
How does SOMA compare to this, if you played SOMA.

Did you also happen to try SOMA? Just to see if our tastes align on this.
Yes, I enjoyed it. Not much there in terms of gameplay, but the story kept me interested enough to finish it.

Haven't bought it yet, but considering it. Apparently they haven't been on GOG before.
Those are the original Windows versions and have never been sold digitally anywhere. They appear to be unchanged except the tweak to make them run on modern OS. It looks like they're exclusive to GOG.

Tbh, I don't see the point other than pure nostalgia, and I doubt many people would have much nostalgia for these versions. They weren't very good ports to begin with and have aged poorly, and I say that as a huge Resident Evil fan.

Nope. Usually not a fan of combat-centric console games, Souls included, but I decided to take a chance on Elden Ring for its exploration and open world aspect. After several days of trying, I don't think it's for me. I just find myself asking why I'm bothering after every death - and the only reason I keep coming up with is the regret over $50 spent.
I waited until Erd Tree was released thinking I'd finally give a souls-like a go, but I ultimately decided against it because do I really want to throw $70 at a game I will probably rage-quit after an hour?

I waited until Erd Tree was released thinking I'd finally give a souls-like a go, but I ultimately decided against it because do I really want to throw $70 at a game I will probably rage-quit after an hour?
I think it's $60, not $70, and you could simply wait for a sales. It will probably be -50% next time. But it's definitely not for everyone. The DLC being even harder, you should start with the original game before committing to anything else.

Like I need another game, but picked up AoW Planetfall for $14 on GOG, it's the only AoW game I havent played. They always mention XCOM meets Civ so lets see as XCOM is my all time favorite game and AoW is right up there...

Last edited:
I bought Dave the Diver - heard goos things about this game.

Ghost of Tsushima. I've played 50 minutes or so, and wow, it's gorgeous!

And since they were almost given for free with the summer sales, I've also bought Doom (2016) and Metro Exodus. A bit of a shopping spree.

I quickly tried Doom and it seems a ton of fun. I chose that one because it apparently has the original monsters but revamped, so that'll remind me of old times. What Mick Gordon has done with the OST is a nice cherry on top, of course. And, right... it was about time I played it. ;) I'll probably start after GoT.

Metro Exodus comes with two versions, apparently: the original and enhanced. Why do they bother with the original? Anyway, I'll keep that one for later.

PS: Damn, I think I may have forgotten there were still games in my backlog. Oh well. :p

Back
Top Bottom