Last game(s) you bought

@JDR13; I almost forgot a tip for Portal Reloaded, if you try it.

When I first started it, it crashed with a D3D error. It's because it tries to display in 4:3 full screen by default, which doesn't work on other ratios.

So the first time you have to start the game with the -windowed parameter in Steam game properties. In the game video settings, change the ratio to 16:9 or 16:10 depending on what you have, fix the resolution, choose borderless window or fullscreen and remove the starting parameter in the Steam game properties for next time.

I saw an announcement that they are pulling Mistover off Steam and it's on sale so I got it before it vanishes forever. It's a game I always wanted to try and most negative reviews seem to be about the game being too hard, or the economy being too difficult to thrive on, which are things that actually motivate me to play it.

I'll see how that goes when I get some time!

I also got this on Steam, since it's gonna be pulled? Not sure if I'll ever get to it, but hey, what the hell.

I saw an announcement that they are pulling Mistover off Steam and it's on sale so I got it before it vanishes forever. It's a game I always wanted to try and most negative reviews seem to be about the game being too hard, or the economy being too difficult to thrive on, which are things that actually motivate me to play it.

I'll see how that goes when I get some time!

You got it on sale??? I checked Steam and at least there, it isn't on sale.

maxresdefault.jpg

Pre-ordered the ultimate edition. They've earned my support. I'm sure they'll do a good job of it.

I didn't buy this myself yet scored Final Fantasy four the pixel remaster as a Father's day gift yesterday. Now I've all the pixel re-issues, and I'll look forward to playing this one at some point.

The Steam discount on Kingdom Come: Deliverance was too outrageous to ignore, I finally bought it after hesitating. I'm not going to play that now since it's not the season for long games, but it will surely keep me busy in winter.

Is any of the DLC worth it? The reviews were rather mixed.

The Steam discount on Kingdom Come: Deliverance was too outrageous to ignore

Is any of the DLC worth it? The reviews were rather mixed.
I have the Royal Edition so have everything included. Haven't experienced that much yet, but from what I can tell I think A Woman's Lot is worth it. You get to experience the beginning from Theresa's POV and you also get a dog companion, including an additional Houndmaster skill tree just for dog training. I have him and he's fun to have around.

Finally bought Monster Hunter World for the PC.
And that's how :
A store of a warehouse chain closes in my town (Germany : "real" chain). So, I went in, and found an 80 % rebate on CDs and on games.
So, it was like this : Monster Hunter World 59,99 Euros minus 80 % ... ;)
The Anno game was already gobne, Someone had been quicker than me. ;)

I'm very curious to hear how you get on with it. We both liked the first game quite a bit, but I rebounded hard off the sequel. I hope you get more out of it than I did.

I'll probably start it this week. I still haven't finished Doom Eternal, but I'm very close to the end, and I highly doubt I'm going to play the expansions. I'm in the mood for a different kind of gameplay now, and I think Dying Light 2 might scratch that itch.

I found out recently that my new gfx card gives me free games - Forspoken and the new Saints Row (when they get released). Nice!
Completely missed it until I saw the banner when I returned to the retailer's website a couple of nights ago, deadline is August.. No idea how I missed that when I bought the card. Nothing in the package about it, but emailed the retailer, received a code, and the AMD validation thingy worked.

I just purchased What Remains of Edith Finch.

Doesn't seem like something I'd normally play, but it suddenly keeps getting mentioned so FOMO took over. ;)

I just purchased What Remains of Edith Finch.

Doesn't seem like something I'd normally play, but it suddenly keeps getting mentioned so FOMO took over. ;)
Oh no, now we've hyped it up to where it can only disappoint :)

Just remember it's not a sci-fi horror type of game. It's very.... human, I think is the best way to describe it.

Oh no, now we've hyped it up to where it can only disappoint :)

Just remember it's not a sci-fi horror type of game. It's very.... human, I think is the best way to describe it.
I'm definitely not expecting horror. I briefly browsed a few videos first and thought it looked interesting enough for the price. Sometimes I get in the mood for something short as a break from whatever I'm playing at the time.

I almost grabbed Gone Home as well, but something I read about it made me think I'm not the target audience for that one.

I'm definitely not expecting horror. I briefly browsed a few videos first and thought it looked interesting enough for the price. Sometimes I get in the mood for something short as a break from whatever I'm playing at the time.

I almost grabbed Gone Home as well, but something I read about it made me think I'm not the target audience for that one.
I tried Gone Home a few times as well.

It did seem quite interesting, but it didn't grab me on an emotional level - and I ultimately lost interest.

For some reason, the performance is also horrible no matter how/where I run it.

Talking about Resident Evil in the other thread reminded me that I never purchased the remakes of Resident Evil 2 & 3. They're on sale right now on Steam, and it's only $20 if you get the bundle so I grabbed that.

Back
Top Bottom